Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

So last time we obtained the Venus' Tear. Now, to figure out why.

Goodbye, Swordsman's Labyrinth! Ain't much reason to ever come back!

Our running powers are so significant that Trode is floating now.

When you start a party chat, it just displays the crew behind Eight's position, and it so happens behind Eight is the steep staircase to the Labyrinth.

Okay so now it's actually time to go to Red's place.

By the way, now that everything doesn't resist it, here's Crackle as cast by Jessica.

It's a huge step up from what she had before.

Hipsters are the male counterpart to witches, in that they're sexy demon dudes.

Their only notable resistance happens to be instant death, actually.

Super Throw deals 20% more damage than Power Throw. It's useful for situations like this, where those minidemons can rack up some damage.

It's a single target curse skill, but the pose is confirmation the witches aren't the only things well-endowed here.

Huh, maybe minidemons aren't so dangerous after a

NEVER MIND I WAS WRONG.

So despite almost being kill by demons we're finally at Red's Demense.

"Yangus! You think Red's gonna wanna see your ugly mush!? Get out of 'ere! Hop it!"
"Don't you boss me around, mate! I ain't goin' nowhere 'til I see Red. So shift, skivvy!"
"Skivvy!? Who the 'ell d'you think you are!?"

"S-sorry, boss! I got some geezer wiv no manners out 'ere. He'll be gone in a mo..."

"...You 'eard the boss! Go on! Inside wiv ya!"

Unfortunately inviting Eight & crew to your living quarters is to say good bye to your mini medals and other trinkets.

...Even if you have a treasure room like PIckham, just begging me to plunder it...

'It's a magazine called 'Family Jewels'. It appears to be a special edition about extremely large and rare specimens.'

O-oh! Like, actual jewels. How... disappointing.

Guess I'll talk to the lady who's been waiting for me to stop rummaging through her place of residence.

Must be a good mate, eh?

"It's like this, Red... You bought an 'orse from the black market drum in Pickham, right? Well it belongs to this bloke I'm travellin' wiv, see. Someone pinched it off 'im and then sold it on. That's 'ow it came to be in the shop."

"Straight up as usual, eh, Yangus. I like that about you."

"You know how much I like quality! However much you're willin' to pay, I am not partin' with it!"
"Wot!? Not for nuffin'? Look, it ain't for me, it's for me mate. I've gotta get 'er back... I'll do anyfin' you want."

"Awright, then. Here's what you're gonna do. I'm sure you haven't forgotten the cave just north of here, right?"

But we...

"Just bring us the Venus' tear. Then I'll think about the 'orse."
"Er...right...then... Guess I'll be on me way then, eh."

So then, we already have the jewel, but we still need to leave and come back.

The game acknowledges this.

"Otherwise she ain't gonna think we've done nuffin' special. She won't 'ave no gratistude!"

So, yeah, the entire reason I went to the Labyrinth first was to get that short conversation. And I guess to get all my talky in one big block of story advancement.

So let's have a friendly chat.

"Last time I tried to get it for 'er, me reasons were a bit different, like. That's all in the past now though..."

Okay it's been long enough, she probably thinks we've stormed a perilous dungeon full of millions of mummies.

Tears for Red

"Now 'and over the 'orse 'n' cart like you promised!"
"...I never promised that! I said I'd think about it when you brought me the goods."

"Wot? That was years ago! you can't dredge up the past like that!"
"Well you're in no position to argue! I ain't sayin' it again! The 'orse stays wiv me!"

"But this ain't just about me now. I can't leave wivout the 'orse! It's for the guv!"

The voice actor actually sobs a little here.

"Ooh..."

"Well...?"

"But I'll be keepin' that Venus' tear. That's what we agreed, right?"

"...For cryin' out loud! Pull yerself together! we're done 'ere, right? So go on then! Hop it!"

And indeed, right outside, is Medea.

"Looks like she knew you'd come up wiv the goods. She must rate ya."

"I'll never go to the pub like that again! I promise!

"Well, we're ready to leave whenever you are, Eight. What's our next destination?"

Why do I find Jessica's face here so funny?

"Let's 'ead back to Pickham. We've gotta find out where Dhoulmagus is. Otherwise we'll just be wand'rin 'round like 'eadless chickens."
"Hmph. It would be no hardship to me if I never ever set foot in Pickham again. But I suppose we have no choice."

Finally, that piece of cheese I've been waiting for!

It's about now I distribute all these seeds sitting around. The agility, resilience, and wisdom seeds don't make a very big difference, honestly.

But Yangus's max MP really appreciates all the seeds of magic.

Strength and Life, however, await alchemy.

Indeed, there's a nerd in here.

Let's read books around him.

There's a book about a curse-breaking spring. Like all these other books, it will certainly never come up.

"But you're back again. So if I'm not mistaken, you must be in need of some information. Am I right?"

"He's a slipp'ry customer. Keeps gettin' away from us. Have you 'eard anyfin'?"
"Yes, I've heard about him. The criminal responsible for murdering the Abbot of Maella Abbey, no less..."

So 'e's done the ol' waterwalkin' trick again, eh? Blimey, I've picked up the mannersims o' Pickhamites.

"The Western Cont'nent? That's a bit 'azy, innit? Can't ya be more spific?"
"Sorry, that's all I know. I wish I could tell you more."

"A fine idea, but aren't you forgetting something? How do you intend to cross the sea?"

"Monster attacks at sea have been significantly worse recently. all crossings from here and from the northern continent have been cancelled."

"Er... yeah... I 'adn't thought o' that."
"No, I can see that. Well, perhaps I can help you out there with a little snippet of information I heard. Follow the cliffs along the coast to the west from Port Prospect, and you will come to a wide open wasteland."

Wait is this one of those foreshadowing books coming true oh nooooooo

"I don't know why a ship should be in a place devoid of water, but anyway... People say it's a magic ship. If you could get it up and running again, you'd be able to sail anywhere you wanted."

So it seems we have a new goal: getting a boat. Next time: Alchemy enters OVERDRIVE.

"excuse me maam you are blue thats kind of weird"