Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

After following Brains's lead, it turns out there is a ship in the wasteland. Having no idea how to move it, the crew heads to Trodain, the cursed castle, to search its library.

Upgraded Woosh for Angelo. It still hits a group and has high variance, but deals pretty decent damage.

Garudas, according to the bestiary, can cast a multi-target instant death spell.

I've never seen it, but they do hit fairly hard.

Unfortunately for them I am willing to demonstrate my instant death spells.

A knife with a paralysis effect. It's... used to make a very powerful accessory.

Diebalos are like Diemons, but worse.

They have the same eye-rolling trick, but instead of Wind Sickles..

They use Thin Air.

It deals 10-60 damage, depending on roll. A level 6 Thin Air is the most damaging thing thus far.

Jessica finally hits 57 staves. Besides finally getting to start on Sex Appeal, we hit that thing for which I've been gunning.

It's Midheal, but free! Free healing! God I love free healing! From 5 to 100 damage, just Caduceus it!

Peninsulas like this are obvious-as-hell spots for treasure chests.

They aren't usually big bonuses but a few more MP for Yangus can't hurt.

It turns out Buffalo Wings can perform tricks. They aren't really big deals.

Hey, it's those blue people from Ascantha, but all together.

Caduceus in action. It is not an exciting ability.

HP recovery numbers only show how much was filled and never go over max HP. So while damage numbers can be exciting, healing rarely is.

Wait what

I won't lie: Mumboh-Jumboe is my favorite monster in the series.

It hits far harder than its component parts.

But more dangerous are its special moves. Besides Boom, the upgrade to Bang, it has this.

It's quite a bit of nonelemental damage.

But even legends must fall some day...

Just like its parts, Mumboh-Jumboe drops cheese. :allears:

Hawk Man's a rather plain enemy. Hits physically or casts Swoosh. Simple.

He's not Fizzleproof though.

The wasteland and the Trodain area proper are separated by this tunnel.

On the other side, a new foe! Terror Tabbies are... kinda simple, really. That third one is already asleep, even.

A church!

West Trodain Church isn't a Zoom location, but it's useful enough considering how mean the guys in the area can be. Besides the Inn and priest, it has this guy who sells items.

The only uniqute thing is the Fur Hood, an 18-defense hat that'd be useful if Yangus didn't already have a crown and Eight didn't have Mercury's Bandana.

Speaking of, Mercury's Bandanas sell for a lot!

Devilmoths can poison. That's their trick.

Might as well show off Angelo's fancy new spell.

It's a bigger whirlwind than Woosh, for sure.

Like I said, decent though high-variance damage.

Eight picks up his first sword ability. Dragon Slash deals 50% more damage to dragons, a hefty multiplier considering it costs no MP.

Yangus gets this at 50 scythes, and it deals 3/4 normal damage to a group, with the left-to-right penalty like what boomerangs have, but has a chance for instant death. It's weird, but greatly appreciated.

Remember what I said about eight slimes?

Yeah I wish I could show it too.

As much as the curse sucks for Trode, Eight, and, well, every Trodainian, it does make for some great pictures.

Not much to our 10k war chest but every bit helps!

Oh blimey.

Anyway, we're finally here...

As far as Zoom locations go.

Actually, the big deal is this guy, right outside.

The last of Morrie's memos also doesn't want to get whacked. But it's still weak.

Anyway, with Smiles, we've got all three of the goobers he asked for.

Let's go... report our success!

"I knew you'd come to see me today, ragazzo. The winds, they bring your scent to me."

"You will not be needing that memo no more. Here, let me take it for you."

"So let me show you my appreciation by taking you inside. I know you've been wondering about this place, ay? Alora! Follow me!"

Then he jumps off the roof.

And he nails the landing perfectly. Eight has to take the lame way down.

"This will be a day of remembrance for you! Prepare to be dazzled!"

We follow him inside, and find a scene like a bar...

"Ah ha ha! Curioso, ay! I like that in my ladies! (But not too much, eh boys!? Ha ha, no...) I come to see your face, Mirrie, my bellissimo flower!"
"Oh, you! Flattery will get you everywhere! Tee hee!"
"Ah ha ha! That's my girl!"

"I wonder if you've got what it takes. Oh, I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! Tee hee hee!"

Um. Downstairs it is.

So, who want's to take bets there's a Marrie, and why does Morrie have an identical bunny girl for every vowel but o?

Inside is an arena, where the combatants are not men, but monsters.

Monster Arena

"Can you feel it? The sights, the sounds, the smells..."

"Che? Ah! Scusi, my flower. Yes. The sights, the sounds, the smells..."

*applauds lightly*
"The rules are simplissimo!"

"There are seven different ranks for your team to try! And this is all you need to know! Simple, no?"

Hell yeah man!

"Ah ha ha! I knew you would say yes! But the rules say you will need the 200,000 gold pieces."

poo poo, man I barely have 10k. :(

"Sorry. I do you wrong. I should never have asked such a question. Scusi. I explain what I mean... The 200,000 gold pieces you need for to have your own monster team..."

"But naturalmente, I not give it to you with 'no wires attached', ay! There are conditions! You must swear one thing... You must swear to fight your way to the very top of the Monster Arena!"

Hell yeah man!

*applauds lightly*
"So, let's get straight down to business, ay!

"If you cannot think of a good name, I can do it for you. So, you wanna name your own team?"

Naturally, you'll be naming the team. That is, you, not me.

This is the complete character set, and we get 18 of them. This team won't have a specific theme, and will mostly be a ragtag group of the best guys I can kidnap. So give me your best ideas and I'll pick the one I like the most whether it be comico, magnifico, qualunque cosa!

And if I got the Italian wrong just then well uh that's something I kind of expect to be honest.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 6, 2015