Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 1 - Youtube

A genre mash of rhythm games and roguelikes

Permadeath, randomly generated floors, bosses, random loot, classes, demanding difficulty. This game is a roguelike, the big twist of it is that in you have to play the game to the time of the music that plays, enemies move on beats, you are only allowed to take action on beats as well. You are rewarded with a coin multiplier for keeping the rhythm going and you lose it when you get hit or bump into a wall or fail to move on a beat. Even entering commands out of synch with the song will cause you to stutter step and lose your multiplier.

I enjoy this game because it forces you to think very quickly when most roguelikes encourage a slow plodding methodical approach. It's something new and different and the music is :krad:

This is an introductory video, it's short and to the point and representative of whats to come. There is a ton of content in this game, and while it starts off pretty easy (despite how I make it look) it gets hella demanding later on and you can watch me struggle through it in video form.

When we get to real difficult content that I have to spend hours practicing in order to actually come up with a good video I may even stream the practice runs for people to laugh at. Thats for later though, right now put some headphones on and listen to the music of the dungeon.