Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

So there's a rather large tunnel here, and on the other side is... whoever stole the Moonshadow Harp.

And I guess the other treasures, but we don't care about that. I guess Pavan will just have to deal that Ascantha's liquid assets when from $something to $0.

"I cannot STAND thieves! What kind of person makes a living by taking someone else's things!?"
"Yeah! Who do they think they are, eh!?"
"They're animals! ANIMALS! I wish I could lay out little traps for them like we do for rats back at the mansion!"

You see this screenshot? Arrange the textures a little differently and that's the rest of the tunnel.

Mars Rovers use War Cry instead of tossing leashes as their shock move. They'd be real pests but unlike Trodain, none of the monsters here are any real threat to your HP.

Hey, it's a Goodybag! Same as they were in the Swordsman's Labyrinth, which means they are behind the curve but still good cash.

...Um, Trode, where'd you come from?

This little peninsula is sort of a pain to get to, so I'll just wrap up my world map-based business here now.

Well there's the chest I needed to open. What's that on the other side, though?

A rather mediocre notorious monster!

Eros' Bow is pretty silly-looking.

The on-hit fuddle chance even works with Cherub's Arrow, which can be handy.

But fuddle makes monsters do weird things.

Well there went that.

Anyway let's just walk into this other, larger tunnel.

"Still, I could be wrong... As long as we find the Moonshadow 'arp, I ain't bothered."

Angelo expresses fear of some terrible sound coming from deep in the caverns. Jessica... rather literally restates the circumstances. She's prone to doing that. Useful from a party chat as a means of reminding players of what they are doing and giving direction perspective, bad from a I am pressing start every five minutes to get content for my let's play and Yangus and Angelo steal the show perspective.

GodDAMMIT will rockbombs ever stop following me?

Peepers are annoying shits who cast Bounce and Drain Magic to make the expenditure of MP A bad idea, and then have the gall to have 1/4 evasion. And they defend sometimes. They do nothing but take forever to die.

This dungeon is the Mole Hole. It's full of moles. It is my second least favorite dungeon in the game.

Like, it's just a lot of brown caves, right? Despite a dozen trips through I've never found the map! And it isn't challenging since the enemies aren't offensive monsters like Trodain and aren't sturdy like the Swordsman's Labyrinth. Peepers are the only things hard to kill and they don't have much offense to them.

Anyway, the boss of the moles is apparently terrifying.

Mad Moles, uh, I think can psych up? I dunno they're real easy enemies to beat.

Oh now that's something I like. Frizzle is the long-awaited upgrade to Frizz and has a damage floor of 70 - above anything else this team can do to single targets at the moment. It won't start scaling to her Wisdom until level 24 (thanks to the seeds) and it'll cap out at 140 damage at about level 35 - right when she gets Kafrizzle.

It's brown. We get it.

Let's just get to the boss.

In the deepest caverns of the Mole Hole is a... rather large mole. And he seems to have a harp. Could it be...?

Sounds... good?

His music is so awful the tiny moles are suffering.

"Yeah! Papa's got a brand new toy! This harp makes me sound hotter than ever, baby!

I'm glad when our culprits out themselves.

"Hey, come on, fellas! What's with the silence? Oh, I get it! My groove's so hip it's got y'all speechless, huh!?

Don Mole

Eight and the moles suffer immensely.

N-no thanks.

I think it's a moral imperative to take it at this point.

This battle video is a great watch if you like me waffling around menus for a half-minute before even starting the first round.

code:
DON MOLE       #265            LV:18 BEAST
--------------------------------------------------
HP:1280         ATK:132         COMMON: 0/256
MP:0	        DEF:76          
EXP:1160        AGL:65          RARE:   0/256
GOLD:360        EVD:0/64  	
--------------------------------------------------
RESISTANCES:
POISON
IMMUNITIES:
DEATH/PARALYSIS/SHOCK/SLEEP/CONFUSION/DAZZLE
/FIZZLE/BAN DANCE/SAP/DRAIN MAGIC
---------------------------------------------------
SPELLS & ABILITIES:
PERFORMANCE
SHAKE GROUND
CALL FOR HELP

Boss battle, Acceleratle. Normal stuff.

His Soul Moles are rather plain moles all things considered. They're mostly here to complicate the fight.

Of course, a good build emphasizes having good all-target options. If you don't have Thin Air or Power Throw then the Soul Moles can complicate things.

The big problem in this fight is this move. It inflicts Fuddle on everyone.

Luckily, it misses my party. This is the only time he uses it, too. As a result this fight is amazingly easy. I probably should've kept Magic Barrier up all things considered but I got a lucky break so I'm not going to complain.

It hits everyone but Don Mole himself. The Soul Moles tend to thin themselves out for you after getting fuddled.

He's got an immunity to Sap so it's Wind Sickles time. It's the 2nd best damage option I have at the moment and will be providing the bulk of cutting through that 1280 HP.

He's got a pretty high attack score but it's nothing we can't handle at this point. Eight, Yangus, and Angelo have healing magic and Jessica has Caduceus.

Soul Moles killing Soul Moles! A tragedy!

Jessica's been psyching up every round after her Acceleratle.

With the Soul Moles gone, Eight goes to Flame Slash. Don Mole doesn't resist Sizz so at x1.3 damage its his best for single targets at the moment.

Same move that Mumboh-Jumboe used. Completely elementless with hefty damage.

Without it I would not give one quarter of a poo poo about his attacks, though. And I barely do even with it.

LET'S SHOW OFF OUR NEW SPELL!

Yeah! Now that's the ticket! 3 stages of tension is 5 times regular damage, and this Frizzle is showing off that base 70 pretty hard.

After that the Acceleratle is reapplied before it can even wear off. It stacks, so the team is sitting on triple their normal agility stats.

He can summon one Soul Mole at a time. It is no big deal.

While things like boomerangs and whips that decay with order hit from left to right against initial formations, any new monsters called in are always the rightest ones.

Really, this fight isn't a problem if Fuddle doesn't gently caress you over. Especially since my characters are well-built. Versatility is a great thing to have. 3 of my characters have access to Midheal or an equivalent.

Eventually the Wind Sickles get to him and he falls.

The lines for the smaller moles are voiced as "dig dug".

(Boss! Stay with it!)

Some of the moles carry off their boss.

(He steals the odd thing or two and his music is the pits, but apart from that he's a great boss! You can have the harp back. So maybe you'll let him off this time...)

Finally, for real, we hit paydirt!

Whatever.

I'm out.

Peace up Mole Hole done.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 18, 2017