Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

It's been a while since our last bout in the monstrous pit.

Especially since Memento Morrie is now entirely different. Spike is a bit meh but Bladewolf is good and Talos is is on a different level entirely.

Our opponents are nothing compared.

To wit.

The siren tries a lot of debilitating moves.

I get that it's to win a battle, but you'd puff-puff an insane wolf with claws and a speedo?

He isn't even into that, he's into killing and murder and stuff.

But, you see, these are mostly attempts to trade turns one-for one.

And she can psych up, but that doesn't help puff-puff.

Basically, she wastes a lot of time and this is very easy.

The last fight had two of the same monster type. Granted, I don't think DQ8 has a third machine model.

It totally should've had killing machines though.

Have I posted this one yet? If I had then screw it, here it is again. It deserves to be seen multiple times.

The Hunter Mech can deal some decent damage but it would take about a dozen turns for it to chop through Talos, who would take it down in two.

Talos is very, very good.

Any more puns you wanna throw in there for posterity's sake?

This is the first time we've seen the Bone Baron's wacky model. It's this really foppish squat skeleton on a very squat upset horse.

I would rather never see them again if this is how they're gonna treat me.

Luckily Bladewolf dodges a move I did know could even be dodged.

When it hits it hits REALLY hard though.

Luckily the crew takes care of him.

And Spike finally reveals his secret weapon. His AI is awful for healing but he's the best we can do right now because he's the only guy with Multiheal this early.

BTW Talos hits REALLY hard.

"We cremated him ourselves!"

"Most of the people are taking more than ten years to reach the rank C! But you are not the most people, ay, ragazzo! I wish I could give you some reward for the victory, but I have nothing! Mi dispiace!"

"Va bene! Here is what I do!"

"I wish you the buona fortuna for your next fight, ay, ragazzo!"

It looks like a coiled-up cobra, to show its poison resistance evocatively.

Anyway we boil the remains of this holy man with this spear I bought.

We plowed through Rank C with no effort, so think we could take B?

Our first opponent looks tough, but looks aren't indicative.

Okay the Snapdragon hits hard and hits twice but that isn't-

Okay the Tyrantosaurus has the next teir of fire breath bu-

Okay maybe that next tier up hits really hard yet we-

Okay desperate attacks too, still-

Oh they both have i-

Oh crimeny.

Okay, Talos is rather Frizz resistant. This is okay.

Everything is... okay.

Okay so rank B is a massive, massive jump in difficulty compared to C, and it gates behind it amazing monsters that could storm A by themselves. Talos is on the level, but he can't carry mediocre monsters past this. There's a plan that can barely get through this is everything goes right, but honestly we'll have to make major progress in order to have a B-quality team.

So let's suddenly transition to cleaning up the last few things the boat lets us see before we go to Argonia.

Remember this guy, way back when? We're bothering him again.

"Have you been here before? You look a bit familiar. Well, I don't suppose it matters, anyway."

"It's been years since I last visited. My old mum overloaded me with so much stuff that I nearly put my back out carrying it all home. Now I've got more than I know what to do with. So this is your lucky day."

J-jackpot! The mild cheese heals all allies, the cured cheese cures more, and the angel cheese revives someone from the dead.

"...Well, look what we have here! This is certainly the right place to come with a pet mouse, that's for sure!"

I feel like he's trying to foreshadow when we've already seen Munchie belch flames.

Also, that cave under the bridge between Farebury and Alexandria.

In there is a dock, with strange buildings built into the cave.

"Rumour 'as it that it's 'idden in a cave somewhere. Maybe this is the place!?"

"It just goes to show you. Even though it was practically under my nose, I never would've noticed it if I hadn't joined forces with you guys!"

This guy is a lot tougher than things elsewhere. This is perhaps the sign I shouldn't be here yet.

The only things to get are a mini medal and a seed of magic.

Seems like there's more beyond this door, but doors are impenetrable objects.

There's also these things, what cast Drain Magic a lot. We'll clearly be back here later to see all the fauna.

That medal awas #36, by the way. The Posh Waistcoat is a fairly good armor for Angelo, though it lacks any magical protection.

That's suddenly a lot more ominous than the stockings and wasitcoat.

Laaaast sailing thing: this beach. It's west of Neos and south of Argonia, but it's removed from the rest of the coninent by a massive mountain range. It has a treasure chest.

"...but are Grandad an' the 'orse-princess really gonna go back to normal if we put Dhoulmagus out the picture?"
"Hm. Interesting. Yes, I'm not really sure that I'm willing to believe they really are the King and Princess of Trodain until I see it for myself."
"Yeah! Sometimes I wonder if maybe King Trode and Eight aren't really from Trodain, and we're just wrapped up in a crazy delusion of theirs!"
"Desist with this drivel at once! We must get going to Argonia!"

Let's chat with our fellow usurper.

"If I didn't look so... figuratively challenged, I would ask the King for the mirror myself. Sadly, however, everything is more than a little challenging at the moment! Should the King of Argonia or any of his vassals see the Princess or myself in our current state, the engagement would be broken off in a trice! So I must ask that you keep our identities a secret. I'm sorry, I cannot be of any further assistance with the mirror."

Yggdrasil leaves are the revival item. They work like Kazing more than Zing - 100% HP, 100% success. They're fairly infrequent and obviously used in a lot of alchemy. Quite the pain.

The spear, infused with a holy man's remains, seems to have misunderstood said remains as sand. At 67 attack it's Eight's best spear at the moment, and it can cast and inflict Dazzle.

These things are also here. I think the blue guys last update are the pallete swaps of this. Update your notebooks accordingly.

Anyway, this update's long enough. Next time,

A strange man in leopard-print pants makes cat puns and purrs at Eight.