Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Finally, progress.

The sabrecat makes the ride there super-fast.

There's still encounters while riding, if that wasn't clear. The rate is a lot less per distance traveled compared to going on foot.

Metal Slime Knights aren't metal slimes in terms of imperviousness or exp yield. They just have good elemental resistances and defense.

At a fork in a road is a group of travellers.

"I was wondering to myself if he might sometimes get short changed when he buys things, what with not being able to see and all. Not all traders are as good and honest as me, you know. I'm always very careful to be fair like that. Anyway, just as I was musing away, he piped up and said he'd never once been short changed! Well, that took me aback, I can tell you! It's like he read my mind or something! Talk about coincidence!"

Despite saying this, this store is always here.

It's south of Baccarat and west of Argonia, at a fork in the road.

I'm trying desperately to suppliment my income. There's a lot to get with alchemy and not much cash with which to get it.

This would be perfectly fine if the Silver Cuirass wasn't so easy to get.

This, however, is a different story. It gives a chance to dodge enemy physical attacks, and that is incredibly useful on its own. It's also part of several recipes, most of which are better versions of this concept. 4 is how many I'd need total. I end up with two for now.

First off, this recipe was revealed in the Trodain library.

They have a tent. I think it's where they are at night but I've never been here at night to see.

Inside is a guy who gives a hint on things to do with dragon scales. His is, in my opinion, the worst plan. The Dragontail Whip has 47 attack, 15 higher than the Chain Whip, but at the same time it's not enough to make a huge difference compared to the armor dragon scales can make.

Notso Machos can Oomph themselves sometimes.

I'm glad it is in fact not that frequent and takes up a turn.

I mistake Eight's swords progression for Angelo's, thinking Falcon Slash is at 40 instead of 52.

These 3 skill points will come back to haunt me.

Suddenly the sabrecat flies off into the distance.

It has a 6th sense for cutscenes I guess.

"Let's see... If my memory serves me correctly..."

"My daughter is due to marry the Prince of this realm."

(pronounced sharm-uhls)

"And when that happens, you must keep the current condition of the Princess and I absolutely secret! If anyone enquires as to the purpose of your travels, tell them you are hunting the villain known as Dhoulmagus and nothing more."

Well I'd be glad to but two steps outside of the castle and I'm getting assaulted by tiny men on skeleton beasts. The leg-sweep is a shocking move.

Dammit, if the martial arts man can't help me, who can!?!?

Royal Palace Gavotte (synth ver.)

I sell Yangus's ol' reliable two-scythes one-axe.

After so long an axe that is better has finally arrived, and this axe has secrets.

I could've made this back in Baccarat, with a coral hairpin and a silver platter. I have a better plan.

Our new goal: read bedtimes tories to King Clavius so he can give us a neat sword or something, then realize we still don't have a loving mirror. We'll catch up with Dhoulmagus eight years after he has slain his next victim, where he has joined the community just waiting for the chance to showboat to the party that they couldn't stop him.

(pronounced beep beep beep)

Charmles apparently keeps trying to escape the castle, for some reason.

"Well, apparently, he gave up his title and everything and left Argonia. I don't know why, though."

Well that was fun but let's leave. We're going east-ish to the mouth of the river.

This is now three continents on which I have seen these drat things.

There's a notorious notso macho. I kinda want him.

Dream Blades can be used as an item in battle to cast Snooze.

I didn't say it was particularly effective, just that it's possible.

You see, he casts Oomph like a regular notso macho but unlike a regular one,

He can be put on the team and cast it on Talos.

Capital! Both in the "hey neat" sense and in the liquifiable asset sense.

This is where the boat docks when you zoom to Argonia. I in fact Zoomed to Argonia while already there.

A quick stop to Peregrin Quay for a bronze knife, and then,

This is the early rank B team. It's not very good at the job. What has to happen is that Dumbking has to Oomph Talos very very early on in the fight and Talos has to murderize the correct guy with his new-found oomphing, and Spike has to actually cast Multiheal.

Most attempts end up like this.

I will not be attempting the rank B early clear.

The thing finishes cooking. The robe of serenity is Jessica-exclusive equipment that halves damage while she is sleeping.

It's not good because a sleeping Jessica is one not using Accelerattle.

However, the seemingly random poo poo I've been accumulating is used in a little side-quest. It opens up after getting Medea back after the Swordsman's Labyrinth, but it wasn't until now that I could really get the things I wanted.

Dodgy Dave asks for an item, and he'll pay you in either gold or other items.

It starts off simple. This is a matter of mashing enough medicinal herbs together.

So simple in fact I've already done it.

This is far more than the regular sell price.

I never sold Eight's old boomerang when I got me the Razor Wing Boomerang.

I mean, technically, you can skip steps to go on to the next one. You can even loop around to get old requests, albiet at pittances of gold compared to the original deal.

I was feeling like I had too little cash, since I had to sell everything to get the Battle-axe. This will remedy that for five minutes.

His deals aren't all gold. The poison-immunity ring trades for yet another axe upgrade for Yangus.

The Robe of Serenity pays itself off rather handsomely, with a profit of 3,000 since I found the boxers in a chest in the middle of nowhere.

I still don't understand it.

And here is another one of the major endpoints for your first Saint's Ashes. The Sandstorm Spear can be traded for a Happy Hat, a very nice hat indeed. Since Eight's not using spears and I can hold off on the Platinum Mail, I go with the hat.

Finally, we hit something we can't do yet. The Crimson Robe requires an item from further in the game.

Battle-Axe+Thief's Key makes this, and I do need more than one, hence the bronze knife earlier.

The happy hat is 31 defense and more importantly gradually recovers MP while walking. This allows Jessica to Boom and Frizzle and Crackle indefinitely, so long as she can take casual strolls.

Rest in Peace Bunny Ears, you lasted 33 updates, if only because I was holding off upgrading her hat until now.

Nestled in a corner of Argonia's outer walls is yet another mini-medal.

I don't cast Fuddle that much, maybe I should actually check if there are things resistant to Snooze but not Fuddle that I really want to not kill me.

I do still have the Thief's Key from waaaay back when to use. The Magic Key replaces it in all things but cooking.

And this... is a dissapointment, like all things knives.

Next time, a little more wandering around the countryside then serious pilfering in Argonia.