Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Update 47

After the cutscene is one last chance to save. Talking to Zekrom begins the marathon.

First, Zekrom has amazing music. Holy cow.

Second, Zekrom, as a legendary dragon, is extremely powerful, far beyond our meager cre-

Well then.

It has a catch rate of 45, giving a Quick Ball a nearly 1/3 shot at success. This is the same as a lot of Unova's 1-stage guys like Sawk or Bouffalant.

Primarily because we have to catch Zekrom in order to proceed. If we KO it, then it pops right back up and we go straight into the fight again. If we're out of Pokeballs, there's a grunt in the castle who hands an Ultra Ball, which works better than it sounds considering Zekrom's catch rate. Only if you have your team and all PC boxes full with a few hundred guys does the capture not become mandatory.

I've read that but I've never seen any proof of it.

Like I was saying, it is in fact incredibly powerful. It has a stat total even higher than Cobalion and friends. It has a physical slant to its stats including a massive 150 base attack, slightly higher than Haxorus's. Its only weakness is that its 90 base speed, only merely average.

Obviously, we're not using it. Who needs it? I'm being petty about this game's emphasis on the heroes and their dragons. I've got my dragon of choice here already. t('_'t)

...Um. I threw a Quick Ball on the first turn. Well, the frequent free heals are nice when you're dealing with the massive attack stats of everything involved.

I shall sweep you before me!

N's got a new battle theme, befitting his status.

He's bonded with the legendary Reshiram. He's defeated the Champion. His call to seperate people from Pokemon is backed by raw power.

I, however, have a Haxorus.

I put their activation messages next to each other because Turboblaze does the same thing as Mold Breaker, negating a wide variety of defensive abilities. Reshiram could burn down a thing with Flash Fire, for example.

Zekrom's Tera-Volt does the same.

Reshiram's first signature move is Fusion Flare. By itself it's a no-nonsense powerful special fire move. But it powers up and is powered up by its sister move, Zekrom's Fusion Bolt. Perhaps if I used Zekrom here, I'd take advantage of Reshiram's slightly higher level and thus speed and let it use Fusion Flare first so Fusion Bolt would deal double damage.

I say first signature move because Reshiram and Zekrom get a second one each at level 100. It's probably not going to be relevant to anything but online battling.

But as it stands by itself, despite Reshiram's mighty special attack - its stats are a mirror of Zekrom's as well - dragon type resists are handy. N's Reshiram has Fusion Flare/Extrasensory/Hyper Beam/Reflect. Thank goodness it doesn't have Dragon Pulse, as this would become extremely difficult.

Unfortunately for it and for N, 100 base HP and defense can only go

... so far.

And thus falls the mighty dragon, the champion of truth.

N is not finished, he has a whole team behind the dragon. While which dragon differs depending on version, the other 5 members of the team are constant.

Vanilluxe is the final form of Vanilite, and is stat-wise rather impressive actually. It'd help if it had many moves outside of ice. N's Vanilluxe has Blizzard/Frost Breath/Flash Cannon/Hail, and that Flash Cannon is the only nonice special move it learns besdies Hidden Power and Hyper Beam.

This deals a little more damage than Dragon Claw, but not enough to one-shot the thing.

Luckily, Little My manages to sidestep the Blizzard.

Brick Break does a enough to put it in Full Restore range, so it's just a matter of time before N gives up on it or runs out and lets the 2nd Brick Break happen, as Little My is much faster.

N's Archeops is much less kind.

Much less, getting a critical hit off of Stone Edge's increased critical hit rate.

Luckily his Archeops only has 4 attacking moves, and not only does Stabbess resist them all, but they are all bait for Sucker Punch.

When in Defeatist range the Archeops is much less threatening. When not in Defeatist range its STAB Stone Edge and Acrobatics are kind of terrifying. It's also the fastest member of N's team by a slim margin.

Next up is Klinglang, Klink's final evolution that looks much better in motion.

It's got some good stats, but like Vanilluxe it's no issue as it has no mov-

Wait a second, that's a move! And we all know that Klinklang has no moves!

Reveal yourself, SNATCHER!

I hit it so hard it exploded!?

Zororark's Illusion is a complicated ability. It copies the appearance and name of the Pokemon behind it in the roster, and holds that illusion until it gets hit. Several things can give away Zoroark's scheme without breaking the illusion, such as using a move the illusion cannot have, like Klinklang and Focus Blast. It also doesn't proclaim abilities like Mold Breaker. Zoroark itself is a mono-dark glass cannon and uses the illusion to sneak in one more hit than the average glass cannon.

Zoroark does technically have a signature move, Night Daze, which is the worst idea because it's not any better than Dark Pulse and will always give away that it's Zoroark because nothing else has it. N's Zoroark has Flamethrower/Focus Blast/Night Slash/Retaliate which it shares with none of the other Pokemon in N's team.

In White's original release, Zoroark was also sort of an event exclusive thing. Sure you could breed them, but getting one of your own involved a late-HG/SS era event Pokemon or online trading. The sequels give you its unevolved form Zorura and the 6th generation games have it as a rare but otherwise normal wild Pokemon.

After Zoroark's feint, N sends out his real Klinklang. I kinda wonder if I could create a situation where he'd actually send Klinklang out first to see what Zoroark would copy then, but it's hard to figure out as Zoroark's moves also cover the types weak to Steel.

It tries Thunderbolt but Klinklang is no special attacker so it just leaves Samurott L. Jackson in Torrent range and he one-shots it.

Carracosta, the fossil we didn't take, is N's last guy. Jackson has Grass Knot so

Oh, right, Sturdy.

Its moveset is Waterfall/Aqua Jet/Crunch/Stone Edge. Three of those, including super-effective-on-psychic Crunch, make contact.

And with that, the hero falls. Ideals have triumped over truth.

Your ideals... Your feelings... They were stronger than mine, it seems...

Each of them choosing a different hero... Is that even possible? Two heroes living at the same time- one that pursues ideals and one that pursues truth. Could... could they both be right? I don't know. It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction.

But, as if to ruin N's moment...

Harmonia with me? You good-for-nothing boy! To start with, I spurred N into pursuing the truth. The reason we reawakened the legendary Pokemon now was to give MY Team Plasma more power! Power to control the fearful masses! That at least was well done. After saying you had to put your beliefs on the line and battle to see which one chosen by the legendary Pokemon was the true hero...

Defeat at the pinnacle of his power, rejection by his adoptive father, rejection by his reason to be.

Add it up, you are nothing more than a warped, defective boy who knows nothing but Pokemon...
Hilbert! I never would've though the legendary Pokemon would choose a Trainer like you! It caught me completely off guard.

In order to rule this world utterly, in order to manipulate the hearts of people who know nothing, I will have N be the king of Team Plasma. But, for that to work, you- since you know the truth- You must be eliminated!

Cheren and Alder enter the room.

Wasn't Team Plasma's goal to liberate Pokemon?
That was just a convenient lie that I needed to create Team Plasma.

The entire team was misled, from its own king to its lowest grunt. Its mission was truly all for consolidating power at one point: Ghetsis.

Certainly, manipulating Pokemon helps people expand their possibilites. That much, I can agree with. So it naturally follows that only I should be able to use Pokemon!
You fool! that's a ridiculous idea!
You can say whatever you want. A Pokemon, even if it's revered as a deity, is still just a Pokemon. Hilbert, so what if it chose you! That doesn't mean you're a threat. Come on! Now you'll face ME in battle! I can't wait to see the look on your face when you've lost all hope!

A chime after this line indicates my team's been fully healed, which is nice. N ripped my team up pretty hard, and Ghetsis threatens to do the same.

Ghetsis also gets his own battle music. Maddening drums and a choir chanting his name. We face a mastermind with delusions of godhood.

I, however, have a scheme. Little My is my lead not only for ripping Reshiram apart, but because I taught her Substitute. We picked up this TM back in Twist Mountain, I sang its praises a little, then it sat in the pack, unused, quiet,

waiting.

One of Substitute's main assets is that it blocks status moves. Toxic, Will-o-wisp, Thunder Wave, all negated. Ghetsis really wants to poison your Pokemon.

Since Toxic was blocked and the substitute is still up, Little My can buff her attack and speed with Dragon Dance unhindered. The substitute only has 38 HP, though, and Cofagrigus can easily hit Little My's weak special defense to break it. You'd think this would mean I sub, get one dance, sub again, so on, as he alternates breaking and attempting Toxics.

Ghetsis, however, has very strange AI. His Cofagrigus really wants to poison things. Though it has a fairly mighty Shadow Ball it won't stop to use it to break the substitute. It sees that Little My is a dragon and thus not immune to poison and tries to Toxic her, and it gets blocked by the sub forever. Thus, I am free to max out Little My's attack and speed.

And rip through his team, one by one. Who's the legendary dragon now, huh, punk? WHO'S THE LEGENDARY DRAGON NOW!? IT AIN'T NO loving YINYANG BULLSHIT IT'S A LADY WITH A BAD ATTITUDE AND AN AXE FOR A FACE!

The anime makes mold breaker look like it negates this sort of thing. It doesn't. No issue.

Before she was rocking almost 800 attack at +6. Now it is officially over 800. And her speed is nearly 500.

Ghetsis's Hydreigon is the final boss of the game. Hydreigon is the final evoluion of Deino and for the player a reward for dealing with the highest level evolution in the game at 64. Ghetsis is a filthy cheater and has a level 54 one. It's fast, powerful, and tough. Its moveset here is Dragon Pulse/Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Surf. Nothing resists these moves combined, and coming from its powerful 125 base special attack many things will be wiped out even on neutral hits. And at 98 base speed and its high level, it almost always moves first.

Little My tears it in half in one blow.

Bouffalant has a bunch of physical attacks and is slow at least. It tends to defeat itself on Head Charge recoil. Little My spares it the effort.

His Seismitoad has a mixed offense and can use Rain Dance to double its speed. It's easily handled by any grass move.

Or by a +6 Dragon Claw.

The technical reason I taught Little My Brick Break was because of this Bisharp. It resists Dragon, though at +6 I don't think that's really relevant and with sub still up it couldn't do much even if it did survive.

(it didn't)

Ghetsis's Eelektross favors physical attacks, including a full-power Acrobatics, though it has Flamethrower to be cheeky.

None of that matters before Little My.

Looks like you didn't account for gently caress YOU I HAVE A DRAGON.

I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!
Now, N... Do you still think Pokemon and people should be separated?
Mwa ha ha! Since I couldn't become the hero and obtain the legendary Pokemon myself... I prepared someone for that purpose- N! He's nothing more than a freak without a human heart. Do you think you're going to get through to a warped person like that?
Alder, it's a waste of valuable time listening to him ramble on. He is the one without a human heart!
You're right. He's truly pitiful. N... I'm sure you have much to think about. I know you were not pursuing the truth because of Ghetsis's manipulation, but because your heart was truly inspired. That is why you were able to mee the legendary Pokemon!

Is that so? What you and the legendary Pokemon are going to do from now on... That's important, wouldn't you say?
*shakes head* Acting like you understand... Up till now, we've been fighting each other over our beliefs! Yet, despite that... Why?!
N, even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other.

Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.

Cheren and Alder take Ghetsis away, leaving N and Hilbert alone.

Then the emotional music picks up.

It's about when I first met you in Accumula Town. I was shocked when I heard what your Pokemon was saying.

I-I never knew how much Soloing loved us. I should've went with the Patrat only plan. ;-;

It said it wanted to be with you. I couldn't understand it. I couldn't believe there were Pokemon that liked people. Because, up until that moment, I'd never known a Pokemon like that.

All I kept meeting were Pokemon and people who communicated with one another and helped one another. That is why I needed to confirm my beliefs by battling with you. I wanted to confront you hero-to-hero, I needed that more than anything.

No, actually... I didn't understand them, either. No way I could measure up to you, when you had met so many Pokemon and were surrounded by friends... The Champion has forgiven me, and... What I should do now is something I'll have to decide for myself.

N lets Reshiram out of its Pokeball.

Hilbert!

Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you! Hilbert! Well, then...

And with that,

N and Reshiram fly off.

Wait a second something's off here.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 8, 2016