Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Angelo gained a level in the first fight, and everyone else gets one from the 12k bounty from the second. Eight hits level 29 and finally picks up Zing. I was doing this with only Angelo having Zing. I was kinda nervous.

Eight finally grabs this despite my mistake. it's .75 damage but it hits twice for a total of 150% damage. And it costs 0 MP. It's just free damage.

After accomplishing the goal of his adventure, Eight is finally up to start his adventure. His Courage ability is mostly utility spells until the high levels.

Yangus hits his next axe thing, and his first since Hatchet Man waaaaay back in Alexandria. I don't think it makes Hatchet Man work more often.

These abilities are wishful thinking in general, since your crit rate is still fairly low.

:stare:

Jessica, why couldn't you have this level sooner?

She hits her next Sex Appeal ability. It's x1.3 damage for zero MP. It's not as big of a deal as Falcon Slash is for Eight because Jessica's only good weapon are whips and she can spare 3 MP for Twin Dragon Lash constantly. I mean, holy cow, did you see that +20 up there?

"...No! Not now! It cannot end now..."

Dhoulmagus grimaces at the sky as he turns to stone.

Then he explodes.

All that's left is a pile of ashes.

Dhoulmagus is really loving dead now.

It's over.

"He 'ad us goin' all round the 'ouses, eh!"

"How about you, Jessica? Feeling better now Dhoulmagus has got his come-uppance? Hm? What's wrong? You can tell me. I'm a good listener."

A familiar voice cries out.

Finally, we can see-

-eh?

"I AM NOT YOUR GRANDAD! And if you must make fun of someone, perhaps you should look in a mirror!"
"He wasn't making fun of you. We've just defeated Dhoulmagus. You and the Princess should be back to normal."

"Oh, no, no, no! Why? Why isn't it wearing off!? Ever since he stole the treasured sceptre from my castle..."

"Yes! That's it! My family's treasured sceptre!"
"Oy, grandad. Hadn't we better be gettin' out of 'ere soon?"
"Hm! I suppose you're right. We won't accomplish anything twiddling our thumbs here. Let's go back to Argonia for a while."

And so the party head back.

Establishing shot.

"I will spend the night in the wagon. I don't want the Princess to be lonely. Sleep well!"

But on the next morning...

Oh. Oh dear.

Well, no kidding. Jessica is absent. Yangus says her stuff had gone, but her inventory is conveniently put in the bag for you. I don't think she's lingering just outside the inn for a heartfelt chat if she dumped her equipment.

"You don't think she got kidnapped, do ya!?"

"Perhaps she thought it would be too hard to say goodbye, so she left without saying anything at all... No, that doesn't sound like the Jessica I know."

NPCs always help in DQ games.

"Are you talking about the girl with the big bosom!? She's already left. I spotted her about to leave the inn before the sun had even come up, so I asked her where she was going."

See? What did I tell you?

Lemme just save because goddamn the Dhoulmagus fight is hard and it's over.

Let's get Medea's opinion on things, just because.

"...After everything you did, Eight, after defeating Dhoulmaugs, I'm still cursed? So what will we do now? I heard that Jessica disappeared. DO you have any idea where she went? I hope she's all right."

And that's all before horsification sets in.

"I'd completely forgotten she was in possession of my precious sceptre. I shall be too ashamed to face my ancestors 'up there' without it!"
"Wot are you talkin' about, Grandad!? That old stick belongs in a museum. It ain't that we've gotta worry about, it's Jessica."

There's a northern path here. It's harder to miss than the world map makes it look.

Well then, isn't this a familiar sight?

'Enough is enough. I'm going. And don't come looking for me, either!'

There's a town here. This is in fact the top of the stone arch under which we fought the sea dragon.

Thanks, exposition bull mask guy.

Uh ,that's not a good sign.

Also the music isn't a good sign.

Stalked by Fear

It's Dhoulmagus's theme, but he exploded. What could it be?

"But she can't be the thug who's been causin' all the trouble... can she!? No, no. That's not right. You can't call a lady a thug now, can you?"

Yes thank you these are very useful thoughts to be having right now.

Perhaps we should go to that mansion and

Doggy!

Okay perhaps we should go to that mansion and see what all the fuss is.

Nothing's happening anywhere else, but past this door...

Little Wand-Waver

A servant boy stands between a garishly-dressed man and...

Jessica?!

"I don't know who you are, but I won't let you hurt Master Dominico!"

"O-Of course, Master!"

"Well I regret to inform you that I knew you were coming! I foretold this encounter! Consequently, I have already mastered the spell necessary to eliminate a pesky little wand-waver like you!"

That's a pretty barrier. I think that's the zodiac on its outer wheel.

Jessica is less impressed by it.

She speaks with two voices, her own and an unknown entity's.

And she's dropping very important terms on us.

She then disenchants the barrier with a simple gesture.

Dominico simply recasts it.

"It is time to end this now! Watching you struggle on in vain is just too pitiful..."

With minimal effort, she breaches the barrier before...

"He he! Well, it seems your pathetic circle has helped after all. If it hadn't bought you some time, you'd already be dead. Don't worry, you're safe... for now. I'm not in the mood to take you all on at once. I just haven't got it in me."

With the last taunt, she fades from sight.

"M-Master Dominico! Are you hurt!?"
"Get off me, you disgusting piece of filth! This isn't a chance for you to wheedle your way into my good books!"
"I, I wasn't trying to... I, I just..."

(Sir Leopold is the doggy from earlier)

"O-Of course, Master!"

Well, Yangus, what do you think about this situation?

Hm. Yes, very astute.