Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

First Impression: 09/16/2030, 09:18 - Part 2

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

So, we're trying to do better this time around. I've found out that setting the bar to 5 actually isn't enough for trusting somebody, so 6 it is for Tachibana's Senses. I'll set it back to 4 at the first opportunity at a blue branch, though.

And this time...

Chose to trust her.

I-I see...

Everything he'd just heard felt so utterly unrealistic... but given how the lieutenant had said it all with a straight face, it was probably true. But he suddenly felt a chill run through him.

Hey, uh, you sure we'll be okay without getting shots too?
What do you mean? We only just injected ourselves right before we found you-- ...!?

The lieutenant and her subordinate gasped.

Oh yeah...! Captain, when was the last time you gave yourself some ADl?
I-I don't know...
Crap! You'd better inject yourself just to be safe! You should have some AD on you!

The man frantically searched his pockets and quickly found an ampule in one of them.

Using it's a piece of cake! It comes with its own cartridge, so just put it in that--

L-like this!?

Urged on by the woman, the man loaded the ampule into the cartridge. Once he injected it, the fluid in the container entered his body, accompanied by the slight prickling pain that came with a shot. And at that moment, he felt like something had faded from his head.

(What's this feeling... is it a side-effect of the drug?)
What's wrong, Captain? This means you're safe for now, so there shouldn't be a problem.
Safe...!?

The idea of feeling safe in this situation was totally insane to the man.

(There's no way in hell I could accept a messed-up situation like this so easily...)

He decided to try asking a question in an attempt to keep himself from worrying.

H-hey, can I ask something? Just who am I, and what's happening right now? And, uh, right-- the exit... where's the exit to this facility!?

The lieutenant and her subordinate exchanged glances upon hearing his chain of questions.

The 'exit', huh...
...Then we'll take you to it now. I'll explain the situation to you on the way there.

Their words seemed to carry a heavy weight to them.

...? Oh, thanks, I'd appreciate that.
Roger that. Then Captain, ma'am, this way please.
O-okay...

The lieutenant started walking. The rest of the group soon followed after her.

Just want to remind everybody that there will be very many hard cuts like this, and probably quite a few short updates, given the way chapters work here. So don't be confused if updates just abruptly end or are very short, or both. I'm just keeping them from being mile long by using the cutting method the game provides me with.

Also, don't expect this to mean that I'm keeping a schedule. Schedules are the devil's plaything.