Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Escape: 09/16/2030, 10:04

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

D—did something happen? I thought I heard an explosion or something.
Well, you see, there was this backdraft, and...

--Watase informed Ena, Ukita, and Yuuri of what'd transpired back in the outer ring.

There was that much fire in the outer ring...!?
What's wrong, Mr. Ukita? You seem rather surprised.
No, it's not that... just thinking about how the fire's spread further than I'd imagined.
drat straight. If I'd known it'd spread that far, I probably wouldn't have gone myself and left you guys behind.
I'm also to blame for what happened... sorry, Mr. Ukita.
Let's not dwell on it. It's more important that we make haste with the search, is it not?
Then let's get moving on to floor B1 on the dou... wait, what the heck?

A puzzled look formed on Jun's face before she could finish her sentence.

Hey, Ms. Tsubakiyama, Mr. Ukita... where's Yuuri?
--Huh!?

Taken aback with shock, everyone looked around them. But Yuuri was nowhere to be found.

A blue branch, asking us about our opinion of Ena - and of course, it's not exactly great. That might change in the future, but for now, it sits at 2.

I don't know! She was right here with us a minute ago!
I swear, I had my eyes on her until just a little while back!
Then she ran away!? But why!?
I don't know, but this is bad... it's too dangerous to wander around alone in this place!
Let's get to searching, guys!
Yeah!

And with that, the five of them split up to search for Yuuri.

Dammit, she didn't go this way!?

He then turned around and chose to head back to Area 3.

Did you find her!?
No, no luck!
Where could she have gone...!?

Just as Watase started to think about where Yuuri could have run off to, he heard Jun's voice.

Found 'er! Guys, I found her!

Her voice was coming from the direction of the emergency staircase.

The B1 staircase!

Watase said that and raced for the emergency staircase. Kazami and Ena followed suit.

There she is!

to find Yuuri there.

She stared at Watase in what appeared to be fright as she stood in the darkness. Jun and Ukita were right there with her. At that moment, Kazami started yelling sternly.

!!
Didn't I tell you it was dangerous!? I'll get mad if you do something like that ever again, you hear me!?
U-Um... I'm sor...

Yuuri's voice trembled in the face of Kazami's harsh scolding.

H-hold on, calm down, Tachibana!
No, she's right. Yuuri, why'd you leave Ms. Tsubakiyama and Mr. Ukita?
U-um...

Yuuri appeared to be at a loss for an answer for a while, but then finally answered as if she'd prepared herself.

I heard that explosion... and then I got scared...
I don't blame you... but you'll be in more danger if you go off on your own.
Don't you think that it'd be safer to stay with all of us?
I-I'm sorry...

Yuuri was practically shrinking after having every adult in the room scold her at once.

C'mon guys... we were already gonna go to floor B1 anyway, so why don't we just thank Yuuri for saving us some time?
You're being too soft, Captain! If something like this happens again, then we may find a body instead next time!
I get that, but Yuuri's learned her lesson by now, right Yuuri?
...Yes.

Watase gave the crestfallen Yuuri a wry smile as he and the others left the stairwell-- and reached floor B1.