Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Hazard: 09/16/2030, 10:41

♪ BGM: Ethereal Ambience ♫

----
------ His consciousness was in eternal darkness. Without the ability to rely on his five senses, he had no clue where he was.

(... I'm...?)

His hazy mind just barely managed to construct that thought. He then-- --made out the sound of someone breathing nearby.

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

???: ...Sheesh, Captain Kasasagi, you sure do weigh a ton...!
(...?)

♪ BGM: Achiever / Theme of Ena

It seemed someone was walking while carrying him on their shoulder.

(''Captain Kasasagi''...? Who's that...?)

No sooner had he thought this than did everything come back to him.

(That's right! I fell unconscious...!)

Watase's five senses swiftly recovered with that thought.

Teach...?
Oh! You're awake? Captain Kasasagi, are you okay?
Wh-where am I...? Why are you...?

Another blue path. I'm noticing that I'm not really getting any real opportunities to hold votes for our Senses for characters that aren't Watase, Kazami or Jun. Maybe I'll just have a general round of Senses voting alongside a yellow path soon. For now, we still really don't trust Ena.

He tried to recall what happened after that, but all he found was a total blank.

Ms. Moribe found you lying in the inner ring and brought you all the way back to the emergency staircase. She's currently putting out the fire on floor B2 with Ms. Tachibana. So they asked me to take you back to the control room.
So that's what happened... by the way, what happened with that girl?
Well... according to Ms. Moribe, it seems Ms. Sannomiya got away. She said she searched the entire contaminated zone in the inner ring, but didn't even find a trace of her.
Did she run away to another area...?

Watase had no clue where she'd disappeared to. He felt like he'd seen her running off somewhere just before he collapsed-- But he'd been hit with a particularly painful headache right after that, causing his memories around that point to be extremely vague at best. But he knew for a fact that she'd run away.

Why'd she run off like that...?
...No clue. Got any ideas?
None...

But thinking back on it, Yuuri had clearly been scared back when he'd first met her. Perhaps Watase's face looked especially frightening to them in an environment like this.

(No, or maybe...)

Maybe the girl had also found those bodies. Anyone would be shaken after seeing something like that. In the end, Watase was no closer to figuring out the truth. Watase sighed and moved away from Ena.

Yeah... Anyway, she ran off into a contaminated zone... so it's possible she's being exposed to radiation.
Actually, there might be some hope on that front.

Ena said that and took something out.

What's that?
It was lying near the staircase. If Ms. Sannomiya was the one who used it, then that gives her at least some protection.
Then I guess she'll be okay if she stays out of any more contaminated zones, huh...

But he couldn't be optimistic. It was very unlikely that she had a Procyon. Ena continued talking.

...She'll be fine. Truth be told, that girl's a prodigy who excels at almost everything.
A prodigy?
Right. I just know she's the kind of girl who can figure out a way to survive by herself.
I see... that definitely is... hopeful.

Even if it was only a faint hope-- Watase felt he should believe in it.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

Um... did something... happen...?
...Looks like Captain Kasasagi here passed out right after he went into a contaminated zone.
You went to a contaminated zone?

Yuuri walked over to Watase with a look of shock adorning her face.

Why did you pass out...?
Well, I got this real bad headache all of a sudden... so I don't really remember it all that well... But maybe it was some kind of radiation damage. Radiation can damage your brain cells, you see... 'least that's what Tachibana said...
Oh no...!

Yuuri stared hard at Watase.

...Are you worried about me?
Huh...? ...N-no.
I see...

Yuuri's response was surprising, but also heartwarming. She'd been acting like she didn't want to go near Watase the whole time she'd been with them. He didn't know why that was-- but the concern she'd shown him just now seemed to be proof that she was becoming a bit more comfortable around him.

(Is it because of all the times I've risked my life...?)

Watase then gave Yuuri a smile.

...It's okay, Yuuri. This is just our way of life. We'd be out of a job if we made civilians, especially young girls, worry about us.
Oh my, you're finally starting to sound like a man of your station, Captain Amnesia.
Well, the amnesia aside, I still -am- a bona-fide rescue worker, you know. This is just my way of playing it cool.

Just as he said that, it suddenly hit Watase. His subordinates were currently fighting the fires down on floor B2.

...Crap, I should be helping Tachibana and Moribe out. You guys wait in the control room.
Huh? A-are you sure you're okay? You only fainted just a few minutes ago.
Yep, I'm already as good as new. So now I've gotta make up for lost ground.
Sheesh, you're such a tough guy.

Watase started running off towards the emergency staircase as he heard Ena say that.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 31, 2016