Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Dramatic Rescue: 09/16/2030, 12:02 - Part 2

♪ BGM: Memento Mori

Well, let's see what you thought:

code:
Watase:

Top:    IIIIIII
High:   IIII
Middle: 
Low:    
Bottom: 

Result: ((7*8)+(4*6)+(0*4)+(0*2)+(0*0))/11 = 7.27 = 7

Yuuri:

Top:    IIIIIII
High:   IIII
Middle: 
Low:    
Bottom: 

Result: ((7*8)+(4*6)+(0*4)+(0*2)+(0*0))/11 = 7.27 = 7

A complete tie! I sure hope nobody was thinking that having one be higher than the other was going to be the crucial part here.

Watase then allowed himself to be guided by his instincts and began shouting to those outside the debris.

Moribe! Get the air jack from the makeshift base, stat!
It's kinda far from here--
No it isn't! It shouldn't take that long if you go through Area 1 to get there! Tachibana, Teach, old man, get as much debris off of me as you can!
U-understood!
There's no time! I'm counting on you guys!
Roger! I'll be back in two minutes tops, so hang in there, Captain!
Mr. Ukita, Ms. Tsubakiyama, let's help too!
R-right!
What should we do!?
Start moving this debris off!

Jun left the factory as Kazami, Ena, and Ukita started removing the debris. But a minute later-- Watase's arms started shaking rapidly.

Khh...!

The weight drilling into his back relentlessly tortured his body. His spread elbows creaked, feeling like they'd snap like twigs at any second.

(Moribe... please hurry up...!)

Yuuri's faced scrunched up with bitterness as if she could tell what Watase was feeling.

I'm so sorry... it's all my fault that you got trapped here too...
Y-you dummy... don't... apologize for nothing...
O-okay... ... But why... Why are you going this far to save my life?

Even he didn't know why. He could say it was because of the voice in his head, but that didn't feel true. So he just answered with the role he'd been given.

I-isn't it obvious...? It's because... I'm... a rescue squad... captain.
No way... Then why is it that back then--

But before Yuuri could finish her sentence-- Jun's shouts cut in.

Sorry to keep you all waiting! What's the situation!?
Pretty... bad... to be honest... h-hurry up!
Understood! Moribe, get the air jack ready ASAP!
It's on standby now! Your orders!?
First, out along this line from here to there with the engine cutter! Put the air jack in the newly created hole after that! Then lift the debris up and get those two out of there!
Roger! Ms. Tsubakiyama, Mr. Ukita, get back now!
Now commencing cutting procedure!

The two rescue workers then began removing the debris--

(Ghh... g-goddammit...!)

But the strength in Watase's arms was fading quickly. It wouldn't surprise him if the weight of the debris won out any second now. Watase looked into Yuuri's eyes and spoke.

H-hey, Yuuri... could I... ask you... to do... me a favor?
A favor...?
Please... tell me... to 'hang in there'.

Huh...?
Ple... ase...!
Captain Kasasagi...!

...Please... hang in there.

Upon hearing those words, Watase felt his body become filled with renewed strength.

ALL RIIIIIGHT!

He mustered every ounce of strength he had and pushed up the debris.

At that exact moment, part of the debris was removed, and a light shone in on Yuuri's face. It was then that Jun inserted the air jack into that opening--

Air jack now set in place!
Everyone, please give us a hand so that the debris doesn't collapse while the air jack is inflating!
Leave it to me!
All right, then I'll keep this part held up!
Okay, inflating air jack... now!

The debris was then lifted up into the air.

Captain! Ms. Yuuri! Hurry!

Watase and Yuuri obeyed Kazami's orders-- And slipped out of the debris.

In case you were wondering, it doesn't matter whether Yuuri's Sense is higher than Watase's or vice versa. The important part here was that both were at 6 or higher.