Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Breakthrough: 09/16/2030, 12:06

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 1

Watase flopped onto the floor as soon as he escaped the pile of debris. All of his bones were creaking, and his muscles were shaking like crazy.

...Good work, Captain!

Seriously~ way to go Captain! I'm starting to wonder if you're even human! I didn't think it was possible to have enough strength to hold up a pile of rubble like that!
He truly is a man of steel... I could almost fall for you.
Indeed, even I must admit you've earned my admiration. It was thanks to you that Yuuri survived.

Watase shook his head at that comment.

No, I couldn't have done anything on my own... It was thanks to everyone's teamwork that we were able to save Yuuri.

Everyone smiled embarrassingly when Watase said that.

By the way, the back of your head is bleeding... Are you okay?
Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I -am- bleeding, huh?
Come on, turn around. I'II apply some Chiron to it.

Ena took out the medical ointment they'd found earlier, but then Yuuri timidly spoke up.

Um... would you please let me do it? It's my fault he got hurt, so...
Mmm... okay. We'll let Ms. Yuuri handle this. That sound good, Captain Kasasagi?
Yeah. I'll be counting on you, Yuuri.
Yes...

♪ BGM: Peacemaker / Theme of Yuuri

She applied the ointment to her fingertips, then rubbed them against the wound on the back of Watase's head. He could feel the gentle movements of her fingers.

(... Hanging in there really did pay off...)

Yuuri finished applying the ointment to Watase, then addressed everyone in the room.

Umm, Captain Kasasagi... everyone... Thank you so much for saving my life...
No thanks needed. What matters most of all is that you're safe.
She's right. If something happened to one of the survivors after all we'd been through, we'd lose the right to call ourselves a rescue squad.
Got that right. But man, I never thought the ceiling would just cave in like that.

It was at that moment that he spotted something... no, more like his attention was drawn by it.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

--Ah!
Is something wrong, Captain?
Don't tell me more crap's gonna fall again!?
No, that's not it! I just thought of a way to open the gate!
Wait, seriously?
Yeah! We should be able to use -that- and we'll be clear!

Watase was pointing at a crane hanging down from the ceiling.

If we can put a notch in the gate with the engine cutter, then hook it onto the crane and have it force the gate open...!
! It sounds like it's worth a shot!
But is that crane actually working?
Hold on a minute, I'll look into it.

Ukita ran alongside the wall, then started operating a controller sitting there.

Yes, it moved! We can use it!
Then let's get to work, stat!
Yeah! We've already got the engine cutter here and everything, so this is perfect timing!

The group all nodded at each other, then headed over to the gate that was barring their way.

Alrighty, then I'll try making an incision into the gate! Back up, guys!

Jun started up the engine cutter, then ran its spinning blade into the gate. A flurry of sparks bathed her body.

You little son of a bitch!

Doryaa!

Esshaoraa!

...Whew. Captain, how's this look?

Watase studied the gate to see that there was now indeed a small notch etched into the spot where Jun had cut.

Good job. Now all that's left is to hook the crane onto this thing. Old man, you're up.
Roger.

Ukita nodded and started operating the crane again.

All clear, all clear, all clear! Okay, stop!

Kazami hooked the crane's hook onto the recently carved notch.

Everyone fall back just to be safe.

Watase waited until everyone had complied, then gave Ukita a hand signal. Ukita nodded again, then pressed a switch on the controller. The crane's chain rewound up to the ceiling, causing the hook to pull tight against the gate as it did. Watase prayed as he observed the scene play out before him.

(Please work....!)

Just then, the gate started creaking in the blink of an eye. The notch then widened even further-- --and opened up to create an opening large enough for people to walk through it.