Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Repair: 09/16/2030, 12:46 - Part 2

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

The latter flinched when he noticed Watase.

Wh-what's wrong? How'd the inspection of the shaft go?
I couldn't open the doors. So I came to help you search the place.
...I see.

Ukita looked away in what appeared to be irritation.

(What's his problem...? Is he still bothered by our argument earlier?)

That thought worried Watase. He searched the factory, trying to give Ukita some space. --The two then silently searched the factory for a while-- Only for that silence to be abruptly broken by the echo of Jun's voice.

Captain! Mr. Ukita!

The pair looked to find Jun running over to them from the cargo lift room.

What's up?
Are you done fixing the lift?
Sorry, it was a no-go. I just don't have enough parts to fix it.
What do you mean?
The parts I need are just gone. Like the internal wiring was ripped out or something. It would take a lot of time and effort just to fix it.
I see... whoever broke it sure thought things through, that's for sure.
So what now? We could try taking apart the nearby machines to whip up the right wiring or parts for something like this, but...
Would that take a while?
I'll be honest: I have no clue how long that'd take. I don't know if we have the right kind of parts on hand.

Ukita then picked that moment to cut in.

No... I believe it'd be better for us to go find the survivors first if our other option is betting on an admittedly unstable factor.
Hmm, what to do... honestly, I do think the old man's point is valid.
Yeah. It'd be a whole 'nother story if this were a regular dispatch, but here, the longer it takes for us to find them, the more the survivors' cumulative exposure increases.
Okay... then let's consider the whole lift thing again after we've found the survivors.
Yeah! Okay, now that we're done searching the factory, let's move on to the inner ring!
Roger.

The team then headed for the inner ring.