Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

An Injury: 09/16/2030, 12:56

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

They had returned to the place where Watase had first woken up. They split up again and searched the floor, but--

Nothing of value on this floor either, huh?
Then let's head down to B1 this ti...

Watase suddenly picked up a faint sound before he could finish.

...?
Hmm? Is something the matter?
No... I just thought I heard someone's footsteps or something...
Huh!? From where!?

Watase tried to make out where he'd heard the footsteps.

I can't be sure about this... but I think they came from the stairwell...!
Think it's one of the survivors!?
No, it could be Ms. Tachibana and Ms. Tsubakiyama for all we know.
I dunno, but we'd better take a look!

The team ran for the stairwell in high spirits.

The fireproof door on B1 was wide open. The room was dimly illuminated by the light leaking in through that opening. There was no one to be found at the top of the stairs or behind the shadows of the staircase.

...No one's here?
Mmm, maybe I was just imagining things.
You don't know that for sure. Maybe they went up.

The team ascended the staircase as they talked, with Watase in the front, Ukita in the middle, and Jun in the back. But at that moment-- They heard a sound cutting through the air above them.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Watase looked up in surprise. He then saw something falling down from the top of the stairw-

Captain, look out!!

Jun screamed.

Wha!?

Watase suddenly felt someone shove him from behind, causing him to fall forward. And merely a second later, he heard a heavy thud coming from the rear!

Kah... agh!

Watase turned around in shock to see a mysterious object hit Jun's back. It was a cluster of concrete with several thin reinforcing bars sticking out of it. Jun then staggered--

Ah!

Watase tried to grab her, but it was too late.

--!!

Jun fell down the stairs, only stopping at B2's landing.

Mo... Moribe!
A—are you all right!?

Watase and Ukita hurried down the stairs, their faces pale.

Jun groaned faintly. She had apparently lost consciousness. Watase checked her, and soon found blood oozing from her back. She'd been impaled on one of the reinforcing bars from the debris.

Dammit! What the hell just happened!?

Watase looked upstairs. But with all the darkness filling the stairwell, he couldn't spot anyone.

(Did the ceiling collapse again!?) It's too dangerous here, old man! Let's get Moribe to a safe place for now!
G-got it!

Watase carried Jun on his back and ran out the stairwell.

...man, that was quick.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 30, 2016