Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Lesson: 09/16/2030, 13:44

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

Now the group had to pull themselves together and continue with the search whether they liked it or not. Watase addressed the others with that thought in mind.

Okay then... it looks like all of us except for Tachibana are here, then. Our team got here from circling around from Area 6. Teach, your team find anything?
No... we couldn't locate Ms. Yuuri or the others, and we didn't see any AD either.
What about you, old man?
It's only been 20 minutes since I split up from you guys, hasn't it? Of course I didn't find anything.

Like always, their search had yielded nothing.

I see... then did any of you notice anything strange?

Watase said that as a way to basically say ''did anyone spot Salyu''-- But then Jun gave a surprising answer.

Ah, now that you mention it, I did. It's nothing major, but-- That 'floral scent' has suddenly disappeared for some reason.
...Huh?

Watase was totally confused by her comment.

What 'floral scent'?
Well, you know, it's been hanging around here and there in the facility. You didn't smell it?
Wait, was there something like that?

Watase then glanced at Ukita and Ena.

Ah, now that you mention it, I do recall smelling that.
Huh? Hmm... I don't think I ever did.

Two contradicting statements.

...?

It just didn't make sense to Watase. The four of them, plus Kazami and Yuuri, had traveled through the entire facility together, yet Watase and Ena didn't smell anything while Jun and Ukita did.

What are you talking about...? Where did you smell that?
No, seriously, it's not a big deal, so forget about it. Anyway, what about you guys? You notice anything?
Y-yeah.

Watase said that and changed his train of thought.

Actually, Teach and I spotted Salyu earlier... but she ran off again.
Again? Why?
...I don't know.

Salyu's words crossed his mind for a moment. ''Be careful of that captain. He's a dangerous man.'' But Ena didn't bring that up, perhaps out of consideration for Watase.

I don't know why she ran off, but she still looked lively from what I could see. I think she's been regularly giving herself AD.
Yeah, that's a silver lining, that's for sure...!
Indeed... that was the one thing I was worried about.

Everyone nodded at Ukita’s comment.

Though that said, that doesn't necessarily mean she has enough AD. She probably ran off in the direction of Area 6. Let's look for her together.
What should we do about the Lieutenant?
She said she'd head back to the neuroscience laboratory once she got better.
Then that's perfect, seeing how Area 6 is right next to the neuroscience laboratory and all.
Then let's continue the search, shall we?
Yes. Let's get going.

The group then started to walk off.

She was fiddling around with her PDA, probably to check her map. Watase walked up to her and whispered into her ear.

Teach.
!!

Ena turned around in surprise. She put away her PDA and spoke in a sharp voice.

Don't sneak up on me like that. You scared the living daylights out of me.
O-oh, sorry.... But anyway, I couldn't help but notice you didn't tell Moribe or the old man about what Salyu said.
You fool, of course I didn't. It would just make things unnecessarily complicated. That's the same reason I didn't tell them about the bomb. After all, it seems it was my pistol that made everyone so furious.
I see...
But you know-- We need to constantly keep that bomb incident and what happened with Ms. Sannomiya in mind.
Huh?
There must be a reason behind Ms. Sannomiya running away from us that we don't know about. Someone had to have planted that bomb. That's for sure. We might overlook something vital if we lower our guards. Something that may cost us our lives.

Blue branch, with Ena at 4.

A silent edge different from all her backtalk and hysteric shouting could be felt from her.

Teach, what are you...?
I'm telling you to doubt everything around you. That includes the people nearby, this facility, and occasionally everything you see. Your own preconceptions may be tricking you, after all.
...That doesn't sound like something a teacher would say.
Well, teachers are surprisingly suspicious creatures. You can't protect the students you've sworn to keep safe if you trust every little thing.
...Is that true?
There, that's the spirit. You have to doubt what I say too.

The group arrived at Area 6 while they were talking.

We're forming up into teams again. Moribe, you're with Teach. Old man, you're with me. Search whatever you can. Once you're done, return to the neuroscience laboratory for the time being.
...Roger. Then we'll cover the factory, okay?
...Got it.
I suppose I have no objections.
All right then, be careful, guys.

With those words, Watase then parted ways with Ena's team.