Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Endless Nightmare: 09/19/2030, 09:19

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

A researcher read the report in his hands with a voice devoid of emotion, only to suddenly be interrupted by Dr. Tenkawa.

So then... what were the results of the identification of the bodies discovered in LABO?
Reporter: Those details are written in a separate sheet. To sum it up, there were 16 bodies in total-- They consisted of three researchers, two test subjects, two special observation targets, one observation target... three Communicator commissioners, four members of Sirius, and one observation target who was also a member of that very squad. All of them have been positively ID'd. So it pains me to inform you of this, but your son and his friend were amongst them...
... But... what were those children doing down in LABO's basement that day?
Reporter: According to a security guard, your son came to LABO that morning, claiming that he had business with you. But before the guard knew it, he'd suddenly disappeared out of sight...
Business with me...? --Impossible... could those kids have...!?
Reporter: Is something the matter? Do you have any idea what he meant?
Excuse me, but could you tell me if this incident was an accident or an act of man?
Reporter: We can't rule out the possibility that there was an 'NBC' outbreak, so we have yet to reach a conclusion on that matter. But judging from the frequent incidents that happened in Rokumei City over the past few days-- -—Section 6 is conducting their investigation on the incident at LABO under the belief that there is a high probability that this was an act of terrorism.
Terrorism... I knew it.
Reporter: Huh?
I have a favor for the men of Section 6. Please instruct them to investigate what my son Natsuhiko was doing over the past few days. He realized that there were terrorists out there just before the incident occurred. If we can find out what he discovered and why he went to LABO, we should be able to learn the truth behind this incident. So please--
Reporter: ...Understood. I'll arrange an investigation right away.

Rokumei City Hospital, ICU. His consciousness was still trapped in that nine hour long nightmare plagued with sin even at that very moment. A man nothing more than a living corpse who had been publicly and legally declared ''dead''. He couldn't hear the voices calling for him to wake up. His nightmare would never end. Not as long as he himself didn't wish to awaken from it--

So, you've been talking about just what kind of ending we seem to be heading towards, and here's your answer. This is not a bad ending. Watase is technically still alive, and he did make it out of LABO, even if his consciousness still remains there forever. This is not a good ending. Everybody except Watase is dead, and Watase himself is legally dead. As such, we arrive at the ''normal ending''. As you can see, there is only one normal ending for this route - the bad endings had numbers, but this one doesn't.

Now, you might look at this ''investigate what Natsuhiko was doing over the past few days'' thing and say that that's a lead-in for you to go to Route B, which is about the last few days before the LABO incident from the point of view of Natsuhiko. But you'd be wrong. As you can see, the game tells us what we need to fix in order to get a better ending. However, the next question is ''how do we do that?''. As it stands, the game is telling us to waste less time. It doesn't tell us where we wasted time or anything, just that we need to fix it. This can be quite aggravating - I recall talking to somebody who didn't like this at all - but I didn't have too much trouble working it out because I made the same fuckup we did here, and it's fairly easy to realize how to fix it.

Where is it? Well, I gave you some help. Remember that I screenshotted several times where the game told us that we wasted time, and only one of them has an easy way to fix it. See if you can work out where it is, and what we need to do. Of course, you don't have to - I'll make that necessary change all the same. So, next time, we un-gently caress ourselves and we'll eventually see what saving just a little bit of time can do.