Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Battle: 09/16/2030, 14:39

♪ BGM: Abyss

Watase strafed to the side to dodge the sudden swing. He desperately put distance between him and his attacker, then confirmed their identity. Standing there was none other than--

You're--!?

It was ''Salyu'', the girl who'd run away from him twice now. A light as cold as ice shimmered in the depths of her eyes. Gripped in her hand was a burnt axe.

That axe... it's...!

But they'd left it behind in Area 4. So why did Salyu have it--!?

Salyu ignored Watase's question,

and charged straight at him again.

She was aiming for Watase's neck. He barely leaned back in time, leaving the axe to slice only through air. The weight of the weapon was throwing her around, causing her to sway forward heavily.

He immediately grabbed for Salyu. But she swung her leg up a second earlier.

Gah!?

She made use of her centrifugal force to launch a swift kick, connecting solidly with his temple. Watase's brain rattled and his vision grew dark. Despite that, he still managed to quickly thrust Salyu away.

He was greeted with a cold look on Salyu's face when his sight came back.

(Wh.. what's she doing...!?)

She attacked without the slightest hesitation using battle techniques that didn't befit a girl of her size and age--

Khh...!

Worse, Watase's headaches and convulsions were only getting stronger. It was likely he'd die for real if he fought in this condition. Watase hesitated for a moment, wondering if he should take out the pistol in his breast pocket.

(... No, what am I thinking!? I can't hurt someone else to protect myself!)

Just as he thought that-- he noticed that Salyu's body was faintly trembling. She was convulsing the same way Watase had been for a while now.

H-hey! You wouldn't happen to have a headache too, would you!?
Then get out of here right now! What good is fighting me if it means putting your body in such extreme danger!?

Salyu suddenly stopped in what appeared to be surprise.

...That line again.
Again!?
You said the same thing last time as well.
Wh... what!?

Watase's body froze with surprise and confusion.

(When was this last time!? When did this girl and I--!?)

That moment of confusion left Watase wide open.

(poo poo!)

I can't hold out next time! I'll be done for! When Watase thought that-- his body moved on its own.

♪ BGM: The Truth is Revealed

Watase then lowered his body as if he was putting himself into a crouch start for a 100 meter dash. He filled his legs with strength, then released it all at once and sprung at Salyu.

!?

Her face was filled with shock. Watase tackled her with the force of a bullet a second later, hitting her right in the waist.

*cough*!

The axe slipped out of Salyu's hand as she fell on her back. Watase used his remaining momentum to straddle her.