Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

First aid: 09/16/2030, 14:44

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

All the emergency staircases in Area 5 were out of commission, so they decided to get to the infirmary through Area 4.

...Captain, be careful on the way there.
Why, did something happen?
Actually, Moribe and Mr. Ukita ran out of the surveillance room before I went to Area N-- The two of them do not seem to be in their right minds.
Not in their right minds...?
I am not sure how to explain it... but at any rate, it would be dangerous for you to come across either of them.

He didn't know the details, but the tone in Kazami's voice and the look on her face were enough to convince Watase.

...All right. Then I'll be on my guard from now on.

Watase and Kazami carefully made their way down the connecting passageway.

They then laid the children down on the beds and began treating Natsuhiko immediately. Kazami used the scanner there to check Natsuhiko's bloodtype.

...Got it. Type O, Rh positive. No acute reactions.

She then took the Type O blood pack out of the refrigerator and quickly set it into the transfusion kit. Finally, she pricked Natsuhiko with the needle, starting the transfusion. While all that was going on, Watase used all the Chiron he had on hand to seal up Natsuhiko's wounds as much as possible.

...How's his condition? Think he can pull through?
His respiration and pulse are extremely feeble. But his vital signs are just barely stable-- I can't make any guesses as to how it'll turn out in the end, but I think he'll just pull through if we keep the transfusion going.

Immense relief washed over Watase.

Thank God...
But this is still strictly first-aid treatment. I believe we should get him to a hospital as soon as possible. But before we get into that, please tell me something. What in the world happened after you left the surveillance room?
You see...

Kazami stared at Watase with a stern look on her face as the latter recounted the series of events that'd lead him to this point. He started by telling her about how he'd gone to Area N all by himself to try to put out the fires in order to end the lockdown. He then talked about how there had been no fires there, to say the least of a melted down nuclear reactor. Finally, he mentioned how he found Natsuhiko, was attacked by Salyu right afterwards, and then reluctantly knocked her unconscious.

So that's what happened...

Kazami lowered her eyes to the floor as she pondered what Watase had told her.

...There are just so many unanswered questions this raises that I admit I'm having trouble figuring out where to start, but... First of all... What do you think about LABO, Captain?
What do you mean?
There was no nuclear reactor or fire in Area N. Yet the lockdown is still going on... Is there any reason you can think of as to why that is?
Mmm... honestly, I have no clue... But I'm convinced now that the fact there's no nuclear reactor here means that this place isn't even a nuclear research facility to begin with...
I agree. But that raises another question: that means there's no radiation here... Yet we still got numb skin and headaches when we didn't take any AD.
Yeah. What's more, I still got headaches, vomited, and even passed out when I went into contaminated zones. ...So that means there's still something dangerous contaminating this place.
Then if that machine in Area N wasn't a nuclear reactor... what in the world was it?

Just as Kazami said that-- a fragmented memory flashed through Watase's brain.

...? Wait a minute... I think I've seen that machine somewhere before...!
What? Was it before you lost your memories?
No... it was more recently. Just a few hours ago. I'm pretty sure it was--

But before Watase could remember, the door to the infirmary suddenly opened.