Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Murderous Design: 09/16/2030, 14:47

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

Watase and Kazami turned around in shock to find Ukita standing there.

Well well, if it isn't Captain Kasasagi and Lieutenant Tachibana. I thought I heard noises coming from here. What might you two be up to?
(Wh-what...?)

Ukita's eyes were glazed over with instability. His gaze locked onto the two survivors resting in their respective beds.

Natsuhiko!? And Louise!? Dear Lord... How'd they get hurt so badly!? And where have they been this whole time...!?

Watase carefully chose his words as he answered.

You see... I took the two of them into custody in Area N after I went there to try and put the fires out.
Did you just say... putting out the fires in Area N? I see... now I finally understand...! I knew it! You really are a traitor, through and through!
O-old man...?

He didn't understand why Ukita was angry. But Ukita ignored the bewilderment on Watase's face and continued talking in a subdued voice.

Captain Kasasagi... I know you'll have trouble believing this, but I did trust you. I truly believed you to be a man of justice... That's why I risked my life in my own way to save those girls. But then you...! You'll pay for this...!

Ukita grunted and reached into his breast pocket. He then pulled out-- a pistol.

!?

It was the same pistol that Ena had given him. The one whose bullets and magazine had been removed and given to Jun and Ena for safekeeping, leaving Ukita with the gun itself. It should have been unloaded--

Is this your idea of a bluff!? That thing's no better than a toy without a magazine, you know!?
A bluff? Oh, so I guess you didn't know, did you? You can still fire a gun without a magazine so long as you have bullets. Granted, you do have to load and fire them one at a time.
Where in the hell did you get bullets...!?
Where indeed.

Ukita's attitude made it clear that he apparently wasn't bluffing.

...Go ahead and laugh. I know it's fragile justice. But it's my choice. If killing you means it'll put an end to all of this, then I'll do what I must. Even if it means staining my hands in sin for the first and last time in my life...!

--Ukita's words made no sense. His face was clearly brimming with insanity.

M-Mr. Ukita...!
Wait, listen to me before you fire that thing! Maybe you didn't know this, but there is no nuclear reactor in Area N! So there was no need for us to be afraid of any radiation from the very beginning!

If it was Ukita's fear of radiation that had caused him to fall so far off the beaten track, then hearing that would likely bring him back to his senses. However--

You... You're still uttering such nonsense at this point...?
Believe me! It's the truth!
Well, it matters not. Either way-- --Your 'mission' ends here!
!?
Die, traitor!

Ukita pulled the trigger. Watase froze in terror. --But right then...

Ukita's bullet bore a hole in the wall behind Watase.

Watase pulled his pistol out as Kazami grappled with Ukita.

Wha-!?

Ukita frantically turned around when he caught sight of the gun pointed straight at him. Watase had a chance to shoot him in the back right there-- but he couldn't pull the trigger. He didn't even know if there were any bullets left in that pistol. Ukita ran right out of the door and out of sight. The only trace of him left was his shouts coming from the hallway.

But I -will— ensure that you get your just deserts! Mark my words!

The sound of Ukita's footsteps disappeared in the direction of Area 4.

Dammit! What the hell's gotten into him!?

There were some things suspicious about Watase, no question about it, but Ukita was taking things way too far. He then suddenly realized that Kazami was staring at the gun in his hands.

Oh, right, forgot to mention. I found this lying next to Natsuhiko in Area N.
O-oh, I see...

It seemed she was scared of the pistol. Watase quickly put it back into his breast pocket and changed the subject.

Anyway, we need to get out of here as quickly as possible. Now that the old man knows we're here, this place is no longer safe.

Natsuhiko's transfusion was still in progress, and Salyu hadn't shown any signs of regaining consciousness. Their lives would be in danger if another fight broke out in the infirmary.

...And Teach is in trouble too.
You mean Ms. Tsubakiyama? Now that I think about it, where is she?
I left her in an office in Area 2. It wouldn't be surprising if the old man attacked her too, given the way he was acting just now.
...Understood. Then let us rendezvous with Ms. Tsubakiyama while we continue Tenkawa's transfusion.

Kazami attached the blood pack and transfusion kit to Natsuhiko's body. Watase then carried him, with Kazami doing the same for Salyu, as they all left the room.