Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Escape: 09/16/2030, 10:04

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

In an example of a blue branch doing a bit more, we get to look at a large part of Escape in a new light, thanks to us having a higher Sense of Ena than we did back then. This cuts in after Kazami saying ''I don't know, but this is bad... it's too dangerous to wander around alone in this place!''

Ena gasped sharply at Kazami's words. Watase saw what appeared to be a look of guilt cover her face.

Teach, we need to look for her now!
Y-you're right... She couldn't have gotten far!

The two of them exchanged glances and simultaneously broke off into a run.

Moribe, Mr. Ukita, let's search too!
Roger!
Right, let's hurry!

Watase turned to Ena as they dashed through the hallway.

Where do you think Yuuri ran off!?
I-I don't know! But-- I don't think I heard any security gates opening or anything like that...

It was then that Watase realized it. The security gates and doors to each laboratory made a loud sound whenever they opened or closed.

(--You need to go through a security gate to get out of this area. And Yuuri most likely doesn't have a card, which means that she probably can't get out of this area.) Did you hear the doors to any of the smaller rooms opening up?
No, not at all!
So that means--

There was only one answer. Ena's head suddenly shot upwards.

--She's gotta be heading for the staircase!

Unlike the mechanical sliding doors that stood in front of every other room, the stairwells had normal fireproof doors. If you were careful enough to open that door without making a sound, you could get away without anyone noticing.

Let's go!
'Yes!

The two nodded at each other and headed for the emergency staircase. When they got there--

Yuuri was standing in that dim room.

Yuuri froze with a jolt. Watase and Ena ran up the staircase and grabbed Yuuri by the arm.

Yuuri, don't go running off like that without saying anything... you had us all worried.

Watase gently put his hand on Yuuri's shoulder. Yuuri hung her head like a dog that'd been scolded.

Ms. Yuuri, why'd you run away from us?
Uh, um... Er... I... got scared...
Scared?
Scared... of what?
W-well...
Listen Yuuri, we're not mad at you. You can answer Teach's question.

Watase let go of her arm and spoke with a kind voice. Yuuri then nervously started talking as if she'd finally prepared herself.

W-well... because of that explosion I heard...
Explosion? So you're saying you got scared by that sound and ran all the way here?
Y-yes...

Watase and Ena looked at each other.

...Looks like she's quite the scaredy cat.
...Yes.

Watase gave a wry smile and turned back to the door.

Heeey, guys! We found Yuuri!

--It wasn't long before they heard the sound of Kazami and the others running over. As soon as she got there, Kazami gave Yuuri a stern glare.

!!
Didn't I tell you it was dangerous!? I'll get mad if you do something like that ever again, you hear me!?
U-Um... I'm sor...

Yuuri's voice trembled in the face of Kazami's harsh scolding. Watase quickly cut in.

H-hold on, Tachibana! You shouldn't yell at her so much!
What was that?
It appears that Yuuri was frightened by the sound of the backdraft I caused and just started running without even thinking. So basically, it's my fault. So... if you could ease up on the yelling...

Watase said this nervously, seeing as how he'd been on the end of a scolding from Kazami himself just a few minutes ago. A troubled look appeared on her face.

So that's what happened... but it's still more dangerous to go off on your own.
She's right, Yuuri. You'll be more safe with us than anywhere else.
I'm in the same situation as you are, and I too think it'd be best to listen to the professionals.
I-I'm sorry...

Yuuri was practically shrinking after having every adult in the room scold her at once.

C'mon guys... we were already gonna go to floor B1 anyway, so why don't we just thank Yuuri for saving us some time?
You're being too soft, Captain! If something like this happens again, then we may find a body instead next time!
I get that, but Yuuri's learned her lesson by now, right Yuuri?
...Yes.

She said this in a nearly inaudible voice. Even Kazami looked a bit embarrassed at herself.

...As long as you understand, then that's all I ask. Shall we go, then?

Kazami took Yuuri's hand and ascended the staircase. Jun and Ukita followed after them. Last but not least, Watase and Ena began to walk up the stairs. Just then--

Ena grabbed Watase's hand and whispered that.

Hmm, what is it?
About Ms. Yuuri... is it just me, or did she just freeze on the spot as soon as she saw you when we were chasing her?
Huh? Yeah, you're right...

Watase suddenly remembered something just as he said that. How she'd reacted earlier, and her attitude up until this point.

... Actually, to be honest, I don't think she's liked me from the moment we met.
She doesn't like you? Why?
Beats the hell out of me... What could it be?

Watase started to wonder if Yuuri had a problem with him or something. He looked at Ena's face and asked:

Hey Teach, is my face scary?
Scary... No, not really. Well, you look the same you always do; like a bit of a dunce.
Ghh... g-gee, thanks.

Watase asked another question as he felt the pain of Ena's retort in his heart.

But then I guess it's not a problem with my face. So what could it be?
What indeed. Got any ideas?
Mmm, nope, nothing... But hey, you're a teacher, right? Has a student ever disliked you for no reason?

Ena looked confused about Watase's question.

Of course not. My students love me.
...Oh really. Then what's your secret?
Good question. Well, if I had to say, it's because I shower my students with unconditional love.
Love?
Yep, love. I always put the kids first, keep an eye on them... and I always make sure to spare no effort. Even it's a bit pushy, your feelings will come through to others so long as you actually think about them from the bottom of your heart.
Huh, so that's it.

He couldn't say anything for sure since he didn't know what the normal Ena's relationship with her students was like, but he decided to keep that advice in mind. But at the same time, he noticed a gaping hole in Ena's speech and decided to exploit it.

...But you know, for a teacher who 'always keeps an eye on the kids', you sure did a great job on noticing Yuuri had run away.
Ouch, you just had to hit me right where it hurt. Feeling a bit down now, not gonna lie.
Well, let's just make sure we -both- keep an eye on Yuuri from now on.
Hmph, I don't want to hear that coming from you.

The two of them reached the top of the stairs by the time Ena finished saying that-- And officially reached floor B1.

And with that, we then enter Knocking on Heaven's Door.