Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Idle Thoughts

Now, during Factory, we have the choice of who to team with while searching the inner ring of Area 6. In our playthrough, we of course went with the best buddy, Jun. We could also team up with Kazami or Ena, but overall, the scene doesn't really change...

...except for the CG. The one we team up with says slightly different things, but overall, Buddy & Buddy (Jun's chapter) is pretty much the same as Superior & Subordinate (Kazami's chapter), which is pretty much the same as Rescue & Teacher (Ena's chapter)...

...except not quite, because actually, one of Ena's friendship scenes is hiding in her chapter variant.

♪ BGM: Achiever / Theme of Ena

Wait, can you pull that off? I mean, I'm heavy in my own way, you know.
Oh come on, you're as light as a feather. And we're only climbing 4 or 5 meters up. So come on, hurry up and get on my back.

Oddly enough, he was totally confident that he'd have no problems climbing even with Ena on his back. Perhaps that confidence had come through to her, as after a moment's hesitation, Ena wrapped her arms around Watase's shoulders.

Okay, here we go. Hang on tight.
R-right.

Watase began climbing the rope with her voice as the trigger.

It was probably an action that'd been drilled into him in training. Watase got up to the top with little to no effort, even with the weight of two.

Th-that was amazing...!
Guess it's a basic skill for rescue workers. I mean, it didn't even feel dangerous at all.
Hmm... looks like you really are becoming more and more like a rescue worker with time.
What do you mean 'like'? I actually am one, remember?

Her body shook to the beat of her laughter-- And it was only then that Watase noticed the two sensations pressing against his back.

(... They're huge.)

Watase gulped.

(... This size sure as hell isn't normal... what cup is she!?)

It was a wonder why he hadn't noticed those two well-rounded objects up until now.

(...! What the hell's wrong with me!? What kind of dumbass am I!? Clean thoughts, Watase Kasasagi, clean thoughts! The survivors could be waiting to be rescued on this floor right now at this very second, and I'm just standing here and...!)

But he couldn't clear his head of those thoughts. It wasn't long before Ena became taken aback and spoke.

(!? Is this woman an esper or something!?) Hahah, of course not... what makes you think that?
The fact that you suddenly stopped talking. I'm not liking this silence for some reason...
I was too focused on the climbing, that's why!
Liar. This isn't the same 'calm and composure' you had just a minute ago.
Q-quit accusing me. I just got a bit too worked up, that's all. I was worried that we'd both get badly hurt if my hands slipped even for a second.

Ena smiled slightly and put some strength into her arms.

I won't distract you anymore... I trust you, in a whole lot of ways.
That's really good to know. Let's focus back on the searching for now.

The two of them smiled at their playful conversation. ...In hindsight, perhaps they were being a bit -too- carefree, given the situation. But small talk like that felt extremely precious to Watase.

And then we return to the regular chapter, with them finding the manual that refers to the cargo lift and the partner crashing through the floor and Watase catching them almost instantly.