Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Hug

Hey, you want some more whiplash? Now, if we manage to not gently caress up that last part and instead make it out fine, we get the opportunity to go into another friendship scene for Kazami.

Watase looked around him, setting his eyes on Kazami first. And a second later, she--

--ran up to Watase and Yuuri as she said that, then embraced the two of them.

♪ BGM: Loyalist / Theme of Tachibana

Whoa!?
Wah!

Kazami paid no heed to their surprise and started talking in a tear-choked voice.

You really had me worried there...! It felt like my heart was about to stop at any second...
I-it's okay, Yuuri and I are fine... but...
U-um, it's a bit hard to breathe...

Kazami's arms of steel felt like they were crushing Watase and Yuuri's throats.

Huh? ... Ah! My apologies!

She frantically loosened her grip when she realized this. However--

...Uh, hey, Ms. Tachibana? ... Why aren't you letting go?
It's okay if we stay like this for a little longer, isn't it? What just happened was incredibly dangerous, so please just let me express my thanks for you having survived. After all, I don't want to imagine what would have happened if we'd made even the slightest mistake just now...

Kazami said that and gave Watase and Yuuri a nice pat on the back. Upon which, Yuuri--

--began to tremble as the reality of what they'd just been through only now finally hit her.

Y... yes...!
...You held up so good back there without even crying, you know that? But you're safe now.

Kazami said that and gently stroked Yuuri's hair. The warmth from Kazami's arms flowed into Watase. He also felt Yuuri's heat flood into him from their shoulders that were now connected from the hug they were locked in. It was then that Watase felt himself fully reconnect with reality again.

(That's right... we survived. We made it out of there with our lives...)

There was a path to survival even in such a desperate crisis like that. And the one who'd carved that path open for them was their most reliable comrade-- Kazami. Watase gently hugged her back. Yuuri's arms soon overlapped with Watase's. The three of them just stood in that embrace for a while, not saying a word.

Wooow, it really is good to be the captain, huh? I mean, you get free hugs from Lieutenant Stone Face and everything.

The three of them turned around in surprise to see the rest of the group grinning at them.

I must admit, I'm a tad jealous. You must be feeling really, really nice right about now.
Well, I'd say it was well deserved. It's thanks to him that Ms. Yuuri's alive.

And then we re-enter Breakthrough with Watase talking about how important teamwork is.

♪ BGM: Peacemaker / Theme of Yuuri

However, there's another diversion in here that I find to be interesting. Because of our high Favor with Yuuri, we get this little extra bit when she's using the Chiron on Watase's head. Remember when people in the thread were wondering if there was something in Watase's name that might be relevant in some way?

...Huh...?
Hmm, what is it?
I just noticed something... you have a single streak of white hair.
Oh, really? I can't see my own head, so I wouldn't know.
It's true... it's like a kasasagi feather.
A kasasagi?
It's the name of a kind of magpie. It's a very smart bird that has a single white feather.
Huh... then maybe that's where my surname 'Kasasagi' came from?

Ena interjected at Watase's light joke.

Of course not. Did you also lose all your common sense with your memories?
Oh come on, Teach, I was just joking. Just trying to cheer up Yuuri...
Oh really. You know, you may be rather tough and manly, but your sense of humor sucks to high heaven.
D-drat, you're as harsh as always...

Yuuri let out an amused laugh at that conversation.

Hee hee... ehee hee...

Watase and Ena also smiled when they heard her laugh.

(... Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever heard Yuuri laugh. Hanging in there really did pay off...)

And then we go back to the regular part of Breakthrough.