Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Destroy Brain

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

Being out of town apparently didn't mean I won't have free time and boredom, like I originally assumed. Merry Christmas, have a bad end. The Bad End Train finds its next station during Missing. Yuuri just had a very strange run-in with Watase, in which Watase flashed back to his fight with the ''monster'', was scared shitless, and ran for it. He then seems to have lost all memory of that run-in with Yuuri. Back during our playthrough, Watase threw away all doubt and continued searching for Yuuri. But what if...

(Why... where did she go!?)

But then the feeling that something didn't add up hit him at that moment.

(Yuuri was so scared about going down the elevator shaft that I had to carry her... yet she was totally okay with climbing up? And she got up there faster than I could catch her...?)

His inner doubts began rapidly piling up. Something was off. Something about this wasn't right.

(What is it? Did Yuuri do something to me? ----!? ''Did Yuuri do something to me''? What the hell's wrong with me!?)

Watase was confused by his own baseless thoughts. Just then, a memory flashed through his brain--

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

--...--...--...--

He'd found Yuuri in the elevator hall. She'd been saying something to him. But oddly enough, he couldn't remember what it was. Yuuri eventually walked over towards him calmly--

No, that wasn't it. Even the memory Watase had just remembered was a ''total mystery'' to him.

(Wha... I lost that memory without even being aware of it...? No way, could that have happened when my memories got muddled up a minute ago...!?)

But there was one other thing he didn't understand. Why had Yuuri been so calm when she was hanging around in a contaminated zone? A mysterious anxiety burst into Watase's heart.

(Could it be... that Yuuri isn't affected by radiation...?)

Even he knew that was an utterly insane idea. But something inside Watase was asserting that belief.

(If she's immune to radiation--)

And the fact that there was a blank in Watase's memories of the previous time he'd been in the elevator hall meant--!

(--Could Yuuri still be lurking around in the contaminated zone!?)

Watase came to that conclusion and quickly backtracked to B2.

Watase then became sure of it: There was no way a frail girl like Yuuri could have ever put up with a headache like that.

(Then that means she really is....! But if that's the case, then what in the world -is- Yuuri...!?)

If there really was a person unaffected by radiation, then they were probably something not human.

Watase kept on commanding himself to remember with all his might as he searched the contaminated zone. He felt that the answer lied somewhere in his vanished memories. His headache grew much worse at that very moment. But Watase gritted his teeth and desperately searched his memories.

(She then stretched her palm out to me, and then...)

(Because I saw Yuuri... and that monster... as one and the same...!)

Watase remembered that-- but just then...

Ghh, agh...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH!

Watase held his head and screamed. His brain was being assaulted by a head-splitting headache. It was at that moment that Watase remembered...

(This is the radiation's--!!)

But by the time he realized it, it was too late. The pain churned the inside of his brain. His brain itself hit its limit, and his brain cells tore apart. --I'm breaking apart!

OWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

He couldn't stop screaming. He heard the sound of his capillaries snapping apart in his head. Blood then poured out of his nose.

But suddenly--

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

From light, to sound, to his screams, and even the pain ravishing his brain. That's right, everything... even the memories that made Watase who he was... Vanished. Disappeared into thin air. Became indecipherable. No, there was one thing that was clear. His brain had been completely destroyed. And then-- his world became one of nothingness.