Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Warning: 09/16/2030, 12:51

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

This is...

Kazami was looking at the room in front of her. It was the room where Dojima and those two researchers had died.

(There's bodies behind that door even now...!)

A blue branch, where we set Kazami to 7.

But he did his best to hide his fear and spoke up.

...Wait here a minute.
Captain Kasasagi, what are you up to?
I'm probably wrong... but I want to check something to be safe.

He quickly found himself worrying about her.

...Tachibana, you don't have to come in if you don't want to. I'll go check it out.
Yes... my apologies.

Watase walked up to the room in front of him and opened the door.

(Khh... that doesn't make it any less gruesome...!)

But he could tell from a glance that none of the survivors were there. Watase quickly left the room. When he did, he saw Kazami looking at him with fear in her eyes.

...Captain.
Yeah, don't worry... none of the survivors were in there.
That only figures. That room is enough to drive even the living insane.

There was something unsettling about how Ukita had said that-- but Watase ignored it.

Anyway, there's only two rooms in this block. Let's check the other one out.
...Yes.

The team then headed for that room.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

There were a lot of blind spots, meaning it'd be hard to tell right away if anyone happened to be collapsed behind one of them.

Think it's possible anything could be here?
Yes. Make sure you check behind everything here.
Roger.

The team then began their search of the room. But there was no hide nor hair of the survivors or any AD.

(Khh... then while I'm at it...)

Watase decided to look for ''information''. Several documents were scattered on the floor deeper in the room. Perhaps their pages held a hint to escaping this facility that Watase's team didn't know about.

(Is there anything useful here...?)

Watase walked over to the documents, started picking them up one by one, then read them. But what they said was--

--All of them had meaningless pieces of information, incomprehensible to Watase. What's more, they were all fairly old.

(Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up...)

Watase picked up another paper as he thought this.

Hmm... 'NBC Outbreak: Security Manual'?

Kazami peeked over his shoulder and spoke up.

Captain, what's that you have there?
Not sure. What's NBC anyway?
Oh, NBC stands for 'Nuclear' 'Biological' and 'Chemical'. So for example, whenever they refer to an NBC disaster, that's a general term for a disaster caused by nuclear, biological, or chemical substances.

In other words, this manual probably described security measures to be taken during an accident much like this one.

(But I thought they valued evacuation more than security in these kinds of situations...)

Watase's thoughts were interrupted by a voice behind him.

What are you two doing!?

They turned around in surprise to see Ukita looking at them furiously.

Oh, uh, I just figured there might be a hint to escaping this place in here.
We don't have time for that now, right? And besides, all the print materials in this facility are old anyway. They abolished print nine years ago and decided to digitize everything from then on. They haven't gotten around to disposing of these documents yet, but they're so old that the information's useless anyway.
But what about the disaster prevention manuals? The ones we found said '2030 Edition' on them.
Those are the only emergency procedure documents, so they always distribute printed copies of the latest version. But that, along with everything else in this facility, is supposed to be top secret. I believe I told you earlier that digging too deeply into things could have severe consequences.
But this is an emergency, so regardless of the policy--
This isn't a simple threat or a joke! I'm telling you this for your own safety!
!!
...You shouldn't take a government-managed research facility lightly. Unless you don't like the idea of living in peace, that is...!

Ukita's eyes had an almost bizarre intensity to them as he spoke. As if to say that this world contained far more frightening situations than the disaster they were trapped in-- Watase was overpowered by that look and found himself replying on instinct.

G-got it... sorry. Let's finish up searching this room and move on.
...Yes.

Watase still felt dissatisfied with the situation-- but he and the others left the room for the time being.