Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Explosion: 09/16/2030, 12:56

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

Watase smelled something.

Hmm?

The stench of something burning was filling the hallway from somewhere.

Is it just me, or is something burning?
You're right... Where in the world is it coming from...?

The group carefully followed the stench to its origin. They then arrived at a stairwell--

They looked towards the bottom of the stairs and spotted a tiny fire flickering behind the staircase.

It doesn't appear all that strong...
Hey old man, it's dangerous, so stay back and wait.

A blue branch with Watase at 7.

Once he confirmed Ukita was now outside the stairwell, Watase descended the staircase with Kazami.

Was the fire not fully put out and it just relit?
It appears that the sprinklers weren't able to put it out entirely because it was in the shadow of the staircase.

Watase determined that and immediately started giving out orders.

Anyway, prep me a fire hose.
Yes!

Kazami obeyed Watase's orders and ran off into B2.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

It wasn't odd for there to be a fire extinguisher in a stairwell. It looked like the fire nearby was almost trying to crawl over to the extinguisher.

(What is it!?)

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Captain, I've got the hos--

Watase started shouting right then.

Tachibana, stay back! Retreat!
Huh!?

Kazami froze where she stood. Warning alarms were ringing in Watase's head.

Look out!

Watase lunged for Kazami as he shouted that. And right after he dove out of the stairwell with her-- There was a brilliant flash behind him.