Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Promise

Alright, our last major diversion for Kazami's friendship scenes comes during Last Choice. This yellow branch hides the entrance to Kazami's last friendship scene. A Sense of Kazami higher than 4 lets us in.

I'll call for help as soon as I get out of here. I admit I'm scared about leaving you and the others behind... but please wait for me.

♪ BGM: Loyalist / Theme of Tachibana

Kazami nodded without uttering a word. Watase felt his heart ache at the sad look on her face. --She was the woman who'd once been his girlfriend. His partner who he'd fallen in love with because ''they were similar'', but had also broken up with because ''they were too similar''. That's why Watase was painfully aware of how she felt. How she was worried about him, and how she felt discouraged about being left in this place with no AD. But they didn't even have time to lament their parting.

(... This isn't the time to be taking it slow.)

But in spite of that thought-- Watase couldn't hold back his feelings for Kazami. Not his feelings as a rescue worker, but as a man.

...Kazami.

Watase called her by her first name for the first time since he'd woken up. Her eyes widened at the same time he kissed her lips.

He could feel her gasp. He'd probably kissed those lips many times. They felt somewhat nostalgic to him, and he could also feel her heartbeat through them.

Watase embraced her tightly-- And then gently let go of her.

Watase... you just called me 'Kazami'... Does that mean you got your memories back...?
...No.

Watase answered her honestly.

I can't remember anything no matter hard I try. Nothing about the time we were dating, or why we broke up... But while I can't remember them, my feelings from back then still seem to linger in the depths of my heart. They're all my feelings for you... All of the love I felt for you from the bottom of my heart.
...!

A faint tinge of red covered Kazami's cheeks. Watase gently caressed those cheeks.

Hey, Kazami. Maybe I no longer have the right to be saying this... But if we make it out of this whole thing alive, why don't we take another walk through that park?
...!

That was the one fragment of their past together that Watase had remembered a short while ago. It was probably a memory of a happy time in both their lives. Kazami then smiled and nodded.

...If we get out of here.
All right, then it's a promise.

Watase said that with a smile, then put the faceplate on.

And then we enter back into Last Choice. That was the last major change for our playthrough for Kazami's friendship scenes - there's some minor bits and pieces, but nothing really that interesting. Let's just end this bit on a high note, then. Not like the next time is going to be pleasant, either.