Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Believe

This yellow branch during Lesson hides the entrance to another one of Ena's friendship scenes. A Sense of Ena at 4 or higher lets us in.

Ena turned around in surprise. She put away her PDA and spoke in a sharp voice.

Don't sneak up on me like that. You scared the living daylights out of me.

♪ BGM: Achiever / Theme of Ena

...Why?
Isn't it obvious? Because according to her, there's something suspicious about me too... So if we told them about that, they'd stop looking at you so suspiciously and focus all their doubt on me instead.

Ena's eyes widened when she heard that.

I don't believe it... are you saying that'd be all for me?
Oh, is that bad?
Of course it is. It's not something you just go around telling people. I mean, it's because of my pistol that everyone got so furious... And besides, you shouldn't have covered for me before. Keeping quiet about the gun was -my- mistake. You did nothing. Don't you think those two might already be starting to suspect you after you trusted me without any plausible reason? So don't go--
No, I've got a reason all right.
Huh?
It's because I decided that you're 'trustworthy', that's why.
...! I can't believe you're still saying that-- Why do you think I told you about my father?

Ena looked truly irritated as she said that.

Listen up, Captain Kasasagi. Something is going down right here in LABO. That's for sure. There must be a reason behind that bomb earlier and Ms. Sannomiya running from us that we don't know about. Make no mistake that someone with malice in their heart is operating from behind the scenes. And that if we let our guards down-- it's likely that we really will lose our lives.
Doubt everything around you in order to survive. That includes the people nearby, this facility, and occasionally everything you see. Your own preconceptions may be tricking you, after all.
...That sure doesn't sound like something a teacher would say.
Disappointed? But teachers are surprisingly suspicious creatures. You can't protect the students you're sworn to keep safe if you trust every little thing.
I see... teachers sure are tough.

Ena let out a heavy sigh when Watase said that in what could be called an admiring voice.

Haah... see, you're screwing up already. You need to doubt even what I just said.
...True, the things I believe in could be tricking me. Your story about your father taught me that there's a certain risk involved with 'trusting'.
Glad you get it. That holds true especially in this kind of situation.

Ena gave him a scorning glare. Watase looked right back at her and spoke with a clear voice.

But I still trust you in spite of that.
Huh...?
'Faith' without risk is a downright lie, isn't it? If you say you 'trust' or 'don't trust' something but you keep yourself in a safe position, your words hold no power whatsoever. So if you're ever doubted from this point onward, I will trust and cover for you unconditionally. ...I'm sure that's what your father would have done too.

Watase declared all that in a quiet voice. He filled each and every one of his words with his desire to affirm the life of Ena's father. When he did, Ena let out a somewhat sad smile.

Sheesh, you really are an idiot, you know that...?

Ena didn't say anything else after that. The group then finally arrived at Area 6.

And with that, we go back into Lesson with the group arriving in the factory.