Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

THE WAY WE WERE

♪ BGM: Words of Healing

Natsuhiko and Mashiro were having a fight in the park that day.

So what? You're a slimy egg crab, Mashiro!

They were fighting over something as trivial as Mashiro calling Natsuhiko's favorite superhero show boring.

Natsuhiko, Mashiro, stop fighting!
Shut up, Yuuri!
Did you just tell her to 'shut up'!? How can you act so mean to Yuuri, Natsuhiko!? You meanie!
What was that--!?

The two of them glared at each other, leaving Yuuri alone. At this point in time, Natsuhiko and Mashiro had each already started to get along with Yuuri. But there was still terrible animosity between Natsuhiko and Mashiro.

And whaddaya even mean by egg crab!? That doesn't even make any sense!
Your face doesn't make sense! Stupid! Stupid!
Grrrrr!
Grrrrr!

Back in the day, Natsuhiko and Mashiro often fought over every little thing like this. Natsuhiko would get along with everyone else, but for some reason, he had a hard time with Mashiro.

...Hmph, I don't ever wanna see you again!

Eventually, Mashiro threw down a sharp parting remark and walked away.

You stole the words right outta my mouth!

Natsuhiko turned around and shouted back. That was an everyday occurrence for those two. Even Yuuri complained as she watched Mashiro walk away.

Geez... Natsuhiko, why do you always have to get in a fight with Mashiro?
'Cause she's a cheeky little brat even though she's a girl. She always snaps at me no matter what I say. She always has.

Natsuhiko and Mashiro's houses were nearby, so they knew each other before they could remember. They went to the same kindergarten, and therefore had more fights than they could count.

But Natsuhiko, I thought you wanted to be a 'hero of justice'? So you shouldn't fight with girls then, should you?
Uuugh.

Yuuri hit a weak spot. Natsuhiko had a strong sense of justice. He was a boy who wouldn't hesitate to challenge bullies that were bigger than him. So he yearned to be the sort of champion of justice that he saw in manga or on TV. And Yuuri was right, but--

But Mashiro's got a filthy mouth, and her punches hurt... So I'm sure she's some sort of evil underling.
That's not true. Mashiro's a good girl~ She's the first girl that became my friend, too~

Yuuri vouched for Mashiro with a warm voice.

What Natsuhiko expected of girls was that they'd be gentle and mature like Yuuri.

Mashiro was his age and just as strong-willed as he was, which was probably why they would often bump heads.

Mmm... it'd make me happy if you two would get along more.
Hmph. I wouldn't hold my breath. That's never gonna happen.

Natsuhiko exaggerated.

And so that's the first friendship scene for Mashiro.