Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

THE PAST AND PRESENT YOU: 09/11/2030, 20:17 - PART 2

♪ BGM: Peacemaker / Theme of Yuuri

Once he had remembered that day, he finally became self-aware of the reason why he had his guard up around Salyu.

(I see... So that's what it was. I'm afraid of Mom and Salyu trying to change my current life.)

This home was a place of peace for Natsuhiko. A safe haven from all the evils that threatened to break Yuuri's fragile heart.

Here we have a blue branch with Yuuri and Natsuhiko at 5, and Salyu at 4.

He didn't like the feeling of an outsider stepping foot into his sanctuary. Which was why he was putting such an emphasis on Yuuri's feelings in the present situation.

Say, Yuuri... You don't have any objections to Salyu living here, do you?
Nope~ What about you, Hikorin?
To be honest, I'm a little confused... That girl says a bunch of strange things.
Strange things? Like what?
She said she's here to protect me... Doesn't that seem kinda backwards to you?

At those words, Yuuri made an odd smile--

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

--Hikorin. You shouldn't assume the worst of people.
Huh?
I'm sure Salyu's being honest.

♪ BGM: Anxious Times of Rokumei City

Those words startled Natsuhiko.

(What...? Somethings different about Yuuri... Just like yesterday...)

She suddenly spoke with a serious look on her face. She never used to do that in the past. She seemed almost like an entirely different person. Yuuri continued, staring straight into Natsuhiko's confused eyes.

When Salyu was assigned to protect you, she had finally found a role for herself. That was something she always, always wanted...
Wha... Yuuri, why do you sound like you've known Salyu from somewhere before? Don't tell me you've known each other from the start?

If that were the case, then he'd easily understand why she wasn't at all disturbed by Salyu's sudden move in. But Yuuri silently shook her head.

No. I only met her just now, in the same way you did, Hikorin. But I can tell.
...How?
...How indeed? But I'm sure Salyu is on your side, Hikorin.
...? You can't just suddenly say something like that and expect me to accept it that easily.
...Nothing can change your mind?
I mean, we haven't even known her for two days, remember? How can you tell me she's on my side...? Isn't it just baseless conjecture to assume she's without any malice or hostility?
... Tell me, Hikorin. Is there nothing that can change your mind?

Natsuhiko averted his eyes from Yuuri's pointed stare.

...I wouldn't be so dead set if Salyu hadn't come stepping into this house on her own. I'm just worried about you, Yuuri. When I think of the possibility that Salyu might cause something bad to happen to you, I just...
...Is that why you can't accept her?

Natsuhiko's silence brought a downcast expression to Yuuri's face.

...I'm sorry, Hikorin. I'm sorry I made you worry about that. But please... open your heart to others, at least a little.
...I'm giving it a shot.
No, what you're doing now isn't enough. You need to open up your heart more... or I think you yourself will suffer.
Huh? Why's that?
Because, Hikorin, right now-- You'll be in grave danger if you don't cooperate with them. Especially Salyu.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

!!

The moment Yuuri said that,