Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

IF YOU CAN DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN: 09/16/2030, 06:29

♪ BGM: Abyss

When Natsuhiko came back to his senses, he found himself standing in front of a shut gate.

Huh...? Wh-where am I?

The girls responded to Natsuhiko's confusion.

What's wrong, Natsuhiko!?
We're in LABO. There are fires everywhere.
There's no time for you to space out. The fire's drawing closer.
Fire...? Ah.

He finally realized what was going on when he heard that word.

(Th-that's right... I was trying to get out of LABO!)

And so he strained himself to try and wrench the jammed door open. Fires were raging behind them, gradually encroaching.

M-my bad! I spaced out for a second!
Are you okay, Natsuhiko!? Maybe I really should help out after all!?
I'm sorry, please!

They tried once more to pry open the door. The four of them, Natsuhiko, Mashiro, Salyu, and Yuuri, tried their best to pry open the gate. But-- It wouldn't open. No matter how much force they applied, the door wouldn't budge.

D-dammit! Why...!
Th-this is bad, Natsuhiko! The fire--!
!?

The first to start coughing was Salyu.

*cough*! *cough* *cough*!
Ugh, khh... *cough*!!
H-hang in there, guys! If we can just open the gate-- --Ugh! *cough*!

Finally, even Natsuhiko succumbed to smoke inhalation.

*cough! *cough* *cough* *cough*!

Natsuhiko fell to his knees, coughing violently.

*cough* *cough* *cough*!! *cough*! Gack...!
*c... cough*...!

Mashiro, Salyu, and everyone else appeared to have trouble breathing due to the smoke. Tears spilled out uncontrollably, blurring their vision.

(Th-this... is bad!)

But even so, it did not open. The gate was unyielding.

*cough*! *cough* *cough*, *cough*...!
*cough*... *cough*...

Eventually, the girls' coughing grew weaker. Natsuhiko couldn't hold his breath any longer, and was forced to take a deep breath.

--Haah!

Smoke came rushing into his lungs that very moment.

Gack! *cough* *cough* *cough*! Gack!

His lungs craved for oxygen but got only ash instead.

No amount of coughing bestowed him with any oxygen.

Gah, haack--... (Crap-- I can't breathe!) *wheeze*... gah! Gack...!

His head was spinning due to oxygen deprivation. His sight quickly grew dark.

His vision blurred and turned black. And something assailed him from deep inside.

(S-save me....! Somebody...!)

As Natsuhiko desperately pleaded, he heard-- A voice, whispering into his ear.

...Th-that's no good, Hikorin...
(Y-Yuuri...!?)
Didn't I tell you...? That things would turn out this way unless everybody worked together...? If you can do it all over again, then this time... this time believe in her...!

That voice soon faded away into the distance.

(Yuuri, what do you...)

As soon as that question crossed his mind, his watch came into view.

(...!?)

Were his eyes playing tricks on him--? He could've sworn his watch had been broken, but now it appeared to be ticking away the time. The hour and minute hands look blurry, but for some reason, he could clearly make out the date.

(I-I see... that's the day Yuuri said...!?)

She said, ''You need to cooperate with Salyu or it'll become a life or death situation.''

(B-but it's too late...!)

As Natsuhiko's heart overflowed with regret-- His consciousness sank into the darkness.

----
--

------
----
--Eventually, in the deep depths of his fading consciousness-- ''Awake'', a voice called to him. Or perhaps it was merely a memory of such a voice. The moment he heard that voice... Time returned to that day once more.

''I swear I'll save you. I will rewind your time as many times as it takes to do that.''

VOTING

Well, we done goofed. In a bit of a dick move, Yuuri gives us a vital piece of information - ''you will need to trust Salyu or you'll probably die'' - but gives us that information after we've already made the choices that locked us into the bad end. The game over text talks about a SSS input right before the bad end, but we actually did not get that input because we blew it with Salyu in regards to Favor. It was supposed to come in when Yuuri says ''But I can tell.'' during THE PAST AND PRESENT YOU.

Now, we're going to be entering Chapter 3 once we make it past this hurdle, but we can't make it there just yet. For now, let's update our Senses with the new information we gained from Chapter 2 - but before that, just a quick word on how this is going to work: I will be redoing Chapter 2 with the new Senses inputs you give me, and show off the changes that brings in a ''Attempt At Unfucking Ourselves'' chapter. If that still doesn't make it through, I will make the necessary changes, then go through Chapter 3 with the new Senses inputs you give me.

With that in mind, pick between Top, High, Middle, Low or Bottom for Natsuhiko, Yuuri, Mashiro and Salyu.