Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

AT THE END OF AN UNEVENTFUL DAY: 09/12/2030, 22:00

♪ BGM: Quiet Days of Rokumei City

And before they realized it, it was already past 10 PM. Yuuri started to doze off. Natsuhiko hesitated before speaking.

...Mashiro, it's about time for you to head home, don't you think?
Huh? Oh... would you look at the time. Uugh~ I want to talk just a little more, though...
But your parents will worry, won't they?
Besides, we can see each other again tomorrow.

A blue branch with Mashiro at 7.

Okay, well, I guess I'll head home for today, then. Okay, Natsuhiko, Salyu, Yuuri. See you tomorrow.
Later, Mashiron~
Yeah.

Huh? You're the one asking this time? ...Well, okay, I guess.

Mashiro agreed to Natsuhiko's suggestion.

Mashiro, thanks for everything today.
Huuuhh? What's with the formalities?
Ah, well... you helped me and Salyu open up to each other, right?
I guess, though I might've just been meddlesome.
But it was a good call to throw a welcome party. Eating delicious food together really helped to soften the mood.
Food has a mysterious power. At times, one even stronger than BC when it comes to bringing people together... I guess.

Tips posted:

TIP: BeyoBEYO/Episode 2 Commentary
Category: Fiction

''Love has a mysterious power. At times, one even stronger than psychic power.''

Kirara's close friend, Miko, begins to develop a small crush on Mamoru, the ace of the track and field club. When Kirara finds out, she decides that the easiest solution is to use psychokinesis to bring them physically closer together. Thus, Kirara transforms into Beyond Comni... but soon realizes she's too young to even understand exactly what love is. Not everything can be solved with psychic powers. Only medical treatment can heal someone's wounds. Only sincere feelings can move someone's heart. Yeti warns Kirara about this fact, but perhaps she's too young to even understand that...?

--Psychic Girl Beyond*BEYOND
Official Guidebook

As they all gathered around the table for Mashiro's home cooking, Natsuhiko felt a little less distant to Salyu.

''Food has a mysterious power. At times, one even stronger than BC when it comes to bringing people together.''

In the same way that Beyond Comni's psychic powers can't solve everything, neither can BC. Just take a look at Mashiro. Even though she has BC, her feelings still don't quite reach Natsuhiko...

Mashiro grinned in embarrassment, prompting Natsuhiko to strain a laugh.

Either way, I'm sure the man who marries you would be blessed. He'd get to eat food like this every day.
What's that? A hackneyed pickup line? That's so not your thing, so please cut it out.
Nah, it's not a pickup line. You just kinda made me want to say that today.
You're so on the fence... Well, if you're going to praise my cooking, I'll accept that.

Mashiro easily sidestepped Natsuhiko's banter. It's because he knew she would do that that Natsuhiko could joke like that.

(... Either way, a future like that's just unimaginable, huh.) Well, anyway, thanks. I need to thank you properly before long too.
Yeah, I'll look forward to it. Well, see you tomorrow, then.
Yeah, see you tomorrow.

And with their exchange of farewells, Natsuhiko went back inside.

♪ BGM: Languid Hours of Rokumei City

Yuuri was asleep on the sofa.

Okay, Natsuhiko. I have my daily routine, so I'm going back to my room.
That reminds me, you said that yesterday too. What kind of daily routine? Studies?
Strength training.
Huh!? Strength... huh? ...That's another one of your hobbies?
More of a habit than a hobby. I haven't missed a single day in years. I need to do it every day or I get restless.
I-I see...

Salyu's personality was one surprise after another.

So you're trained in both literary and military arts, huh...? That's amazing.
It's not that big of a deal. Bye.

Salyu hurriedly started to leave the living room. But she stopped in front of the door to the hallway and whispered.

A blue branch with Salyu at 7.

Huh? What's this all of a sudden?
I'm not good at it, so I'm not sure about this, but... It looked to me like everyone had fun today. Did you have fun, Natsuhiko?

...No. I had a lot of fun too.
...!
If only we could keep on having days like this...
What are you saying? Of course we will.
...Okay. I'll look forward to that.

That's all Salyu said before she left the living room. Natsuhiko just stared blankly at the closed door.

...'Did you have fun'...?

Natsuhiko was surprised at how bluntly Salyu asked about emotions.

(Could this girl... actually be a lot more honest than she lets on...?)

Natsuhiko still didn't quite understand Salyu. But his interest in her gradually grew and grew. He kept his guard up around her yesterday, but right now he felt he wanted to get along with her even more.

(I wonder if we can get along...? I wonder if things will work out? Well, I guess Mashiro is trying to bring us together and all.)

They had different cultures and personalities, so it seemed like a difficult task. But he felt that if they could clear away the walls they built up in their hearts, they could somehow manage to get along.

...Yeah, I had fun too.

As Natsuhiko sighed, he heard a voice from behind him.

Whaaat's going on...?

Natsuhiko turned back to see a sleepy-eyed Yuuri looking back at him.

Oh, Yuuri, did I wake you up?
No, it's okay~... I could catch a cold if I slept here anyway...
True. It's best to sleep in your own room.
Okay~...

Yuuri tottered to her feet and started to stagger towards her room. ...Or rather she started heading to an empty wall instead of the door.

Ah, Yuuri, are you still half-asleep?
Muu~??
Don't muu me. Your room's this way.

A blue branch with Yuuri at 8.

Don't guu me. Wake up... ah.

Without responding, Yuuri fell onto Natsuhiko for support.

Good grief. Again...?

This was a common occurrence.

And each time this happened, Natsuhiko would carry Yuuri like a princess.

Mm~... I'm floating~...
Geez. I'd hardly call it floating.

Yuuri continued talking in her sleep as they left the living room. They went through the hall towards Yuuri's room.

C'mon, Yuuri. Here's your room.
Zzz, zzz...

No matter how much he called out to her, she wouldn't get up at all.

(Wait a sec, I'm probably spoiling her too much...)

A yellow branch with Yuuri at 8. This one hides the entrance to Yuuri's second friendship scene.

Natsuhiko hesitated for a moment before opening the door to Yuuri's room.

♪ BGM: Peacemaker / Theme of Yuuri

Natsuhiko carried Yuuri to her bed and laid her down.

Here, sleep somewhere warm.

As Natsuhiko spoke, Yuuri wrapped herself up on her futon and spoke.

Hikori~n... before you go to sleep, read me a bedtime story~...
Huh? A bedtime story? Are you a kid?
It should be fine every now and then, right...?

Yuuri spoke like a child wanting to be pampered.

(What's going on? She's really acting like a child today.)

Natsuhiko answered, a little confused.

Okay. What should I read?
I'll let you choose, Hikorin~

Natsuhiko chose a suitable-looking picture book off the bookshelf.

...Hmm, mmhmm. Okay, let's begin then.
Yay! *clap* *clap*

Natsuhiko opened the book and started reading the dedication.

--All grown-ups were once children-- although few of them remember it.

--As he read, Natsuhiko soon noticed something. Long ago, Yuuri had badgered him to read this very same book.

(When was that...?)

Eventually, the door to Natsuhiko's memories opened. It was a memory from nearly 10 years ago-- About a month after he had met Yuuri.