Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

''Q'': 09/14/2030, 14:39

♪ BGM: Languid Hours of Rokumei City

It was a sort of gym provided for people who wished to hone their BC skills. The three of them stopped a man about to enter the building to ask him about the objectionable literature.

Trainer: Huh, the content of the objectionable literature?
Yes. We just want to know a bit about it.

He was a trainer for the center who seemed to be in his early 20s. The trainer looked at the kids suspiciously.

Trainer: Before that, what are you kids? Some junior detective team?
Yes! Something like that. We're allies of justice moving through town to protect the peace of all its citizens.
Trainer: Hmm, I didn't think there were still kids that played games like that. Well, you kids are cute, so I'll give it to you easy. Just don't tell anyone else, okay?

He looked at Mashiro and Salyu and spoke with a broad grin on his face.

Trainer: Well, I guess it basically went like this: 'Participate in any further proliferation of BC and punishment shall be bestowed upon you.' What a stiff and humorless guy, eh. They stuffed the postbox with that message. By the way, I was the first to find it. Man, was it ridiculous.
Huh... so you mean you didn't feel any sort of sense of impending crisis?
Trainer: Like hell I did. Well, I did send a report to the security department, I guess. But that just backfired and caused a disturbance on its own.

As she heard the trainer's story, Mashiro whispered into Natsuhiko's ear.

So it really was an anti-BC letter then...
Yeah, I guess...

As the two of them were having that private discussion, this time Salyu asked a question.

The report caused a disturbance?
Trainer: Well, you see, those guys at the security department pressed in in droves. For our 'defense', apparently.
But it was just objectionable literature. Did it really warrant that much of a disturbance?
Trainer: Well, I can't say I don't understand where the security department was coming from. After all, the objectionable literature was signed--

♪ BGM: Anxious Times of Rokumei City

Q!?

Mashiro shook as she heard that letter.

What's wrong, Mashiro? Why the sudden outburst?
What's Q?
Trainer: Woah, woah, have you kids been living under a rock? They're infamous on the net, you know?
Well, I don't really use the net that much...
...I'll explain it to you guys later. Anyway, Mr. Trainer, did Q do anything afterwards?
Trainer: Beats me. But I doubt those Q freaks would bother targeting a facility as shabby as this. It could've just been some sort of imitator.

The way he spoke about Q made them seem like some giant sort of organization. As Natsuhiko fell into confused silence, the trainer continued.

Trainer: Well, that's about all I can talk about. The security department rounded up all the objectionable literature, so it's no longer here.
I see... Well, thank you very much.
Trainer: So long, my allies of justice.

And with that, the trainer entered the building. Leaving Natsuhiko and Salyu to quickly ask Mashiro the pressing question.

So, Mashiro. What was that all about? What was... Kyuu, was it?
Well, you see, Q is...

Mashiro made a meek face as she explained the organization to Natsuhiko and Salyu.

Q is the largest domestic extremist organization that operates on anti-Communicator sentiments. They're apparently a dangerous group whose activities include bomb threats and coercion. And depending on the situation, they don't hesitate to use direct action.
...An organization like that exists?

He obviously knew of the existence of anti-BC protest groups and ideology. But he had never heard of an organization that operated at a level dangerous enough to be called extremists and terrorists.

Well, I guess it's understandable to not have heard of them... I mean, it's not the most searchable of names.
But they do exist for certain though, right?
Yeah... it would make sense if the voice I heard on the bus was that of a Q member. A dangerous thought like 'ending this town's history' certainly is something that Q would agree with.
You say that, but have there been any concrete instances of them performing any destructive acts?
There have. I mean...

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

I'm sure you've seen the aftermath of one such incident yourself, Natsuhiko.
Huh!?
It's a little far, but why don't we head over there?

Natsuhiko pondered that question for a second before nodding. Chills running down his spine the whole time--