Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

UNDER THE MOON: 09/14/2030, 20:45 - PART 2

♪ BGM: Languid Hours of Rokumei City

What Mashiro had said last night was what he had once said himself.

(... ''Protect what you hold dear with your own hands'', huh. When Mashiro said that yesterday, she was referencing what happened back then, huh...)

As Natsuhiko made that realization, Mashiro spoke.

Yeah, it was on a night with a full moon just like this, huh... We slipped out of our houses at night. Natsuhiko and I made an escape route for Sirius to get outside the city.
What happened to Sirius after that? Was he able to escape?
After a little while, we got a phone call from someone living in the next city. It was a nice lady who said she was keeping Sirius at her house.

After hearing the story, Salyu spoke up honestly.

Remarkable. You two saved a life.
I know, right~?

Mashiro smiled triumphantly. Natsuhiko looked back fondly on that moment as well.

...But all the adults probably got mad at us afterwards. We ran away since we didn't want to get yelled at.
We ran all around town at night, huh. So tonight's kind of like what happened then.

After hearing the story, Salyu looked up to the moon and whispered.

That sounds like a very good memory...
...Yeah, I think so too.

Natsuhiko worked earnestly back then for the righteous cause of saving Sirius. He didn't stop to think too hard about the details. He just tackled the danger with reckless abandon. And he succeeded.

(So I'll just do that again this time--)

With that thought in mind, Natsuhiko spoke to Mashiro who was sitting beside him.

Hey, Mashiro...
Huh?
Today was tough, huh? The security department's tracking us down, and so we can't even go home.
Y-yeah.
But now that things have escalated this far-- We need the resolve to not go home until we've put an end to this, okay?

Mashiro's eyes widened at those words.

...An end to this? You mean--
Until we prevent the terrorist plot ourselves. I don't know what exactly we can do, but it's better to try than to do nothing.
... Natsuhiko!

Mashiro's eyes sparkled as she took Natsuhiko by the hand.

It took you long enough, but now you've got the spirit! I'm so happy!
Ah, well, I'm just saying there's a matter of resolve... Since you're girls, I'm just thinking you'd need a change of clothes or a bath or something.
No, no, considering the situation, that's no matter at all!

Mashiro jumped for joy. But Salyu on the other hand just had a critical look on her face.

...Natsuhiko, I thought I told you I don't recommend putting yourself in danger.
...I'm sorry, Salyu.

Salyu glared at Natsuhiko for a while before eventually muttering in resignation.

...Looks like I have no other choice. I will help you two to the best of my ability.
Huh, you too, Salyu!? Okay, if all three of us give it our best, then there's nothing to be scared of!

Natsuhiko looked at Mashiro and shrugged.

(Nothing to be scared of? Honestly...?)

Even if the three of them did run into terrorists, the terrorists seemed more likely to overpower them than anything. But that's exactly why the three of them had to pull themselves together if they wanted to accomplish anything.

...Well, now that that's settled, what should we do next?
Good question. It is getting kinda late...

A blue branch with Mashiro at 6.

Salyu spoke as she disconnected Alice from the surveillance camera. She put away the cable and display into Alice's back, returning her to a more stuffed animal shape as she continued.

It could start raining again. That would be a nuisance.
That's true. So for now, let's head into the city.
We need to be careful not to get caught by the bad guys...

Tips posted:

TIP: BeyoBEYO/Episode 4 Commentary
Category: Fiction

''We gotta keep our guards up. We need to be careful not to get caught by the bad guys...''

Kirara has extraordinary power as a psychic. When you consider her powerlessness as an elementary schooler when she's not transformed into Beyond Comni, her powers become an easily exploitable double-edged sword. Once Yeti warns her of this, Kirara shuts away her small desire to show off her true identity.

--Psychic Girl Beyond*BEYOND
Official Guidebook

Natsuhiko, Salyu, and Mashiro were tagged by the security department under false charges and became unable to move around in public. Regardless, Mashiro is calm enough to quote the BeyoBEYO line

''We need to be careful not to get caught by the bad guys...''

She had the conviction that even if what she was doing wasn't safe, it wasn't the wrong thing to do. And she had reliable sympathizers on her side. But just like Kirara in Yeti's absence, she would later come to anguish over whether or not she was doing the right thing...

Natsuhiko led the two girls.

They somehow made it while taking meticulous care not to be caught by the security department or the surveillance cameras.

Where can we stay the night...?
How about a manga cafe or something?
Where would we find a manga cafe at this hour? They're heavily regulated.
Hmm, but we don't have much money...
Ah! Natsuhiko, how about that!?

Natsuhiko traced Mashiro's glance--

A karaoke box, huh...

She was looking at a karaoke box that primarily served Rokumei Academy students. The reception desk was so lenient that they allowed students to go there at night, no questions asked. There was a surveillance camera at the entrance, but there were so many dead spots that it seemed easy enough to enter without being caught on film. And of course, there were no surveillance cameras inside which made it a calming place for the students to let loose from the stress of living in such an uptight town.

Looks like they're open 24 hours. Perfect, right?
Then let's hurry up and get in. There's no point if we linger long enough for them to spot our entrance.

As Natsuhiko started walking up to the door, Salyu tugged on his sleeve.

Hold on... What's a karaoke box?
Huh?
Huh!? Salyu, you don't know what a karaoke box is!?
Never heard of them. What kind of facility is it?
Well, I guess it's a 'facility' for singing songs.
Songs...?

Salyu stared blankly. Natsuhiko heard there were karaoke boxes in France, but Salyu appeared to have no knowledge of them at all.

Well, I guess this is as good a learning opportunity as ever.

Natsuhiko and Mashiro took Salyu into the store.