Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Eternity: 09/11/2030, 16:47

He had become so quiet that he seemed to be a completely different person, but Mashiro believed that the old Natsuhiko was still there at his core.

♪ BGM: Quiet Days of Rokumei City

She couldn't help but feel her heart tear in two.

Mashiro... I don't know how to say this, but you're a good person.

That's what Natsuhiko had said as they returned from their field trip. His embarrassed expression was the same as how he was as a boy. Something suddenly tightened in Mashiro's chest, forcing her to look away.

...What are you talking about? I'm just copying what you did back in the day.
Really? Was I really that good a guy back then?
Well, I think you still are a pretty good guy, Natsuhiko. Your one weakness is that you can get stubborn sometimes, though.
...Maybe, I guess.

Natsuhiko scratched his head in contemplation.

Fine... you win, Mashiro. I'll try to lower my guard at least a little.
Yeah, that should be good enough. 'This will have to do for now' and all.
What's that, another anime quote?
Yeah. One from way before we were born, though.

When Mashiro smiled, Natsuhiko smiled back. As she looked at his smile, Mashiro secretly thought to herself.

(Yeah. This will have to do for now...)

Mashiro could do nothing for him but watch over him and support him. She didn't do it to boast, nor did she want Natsuhiko to know what she was doing or how she felt. As such, perhaps she really was doing it for Natsuhiko’s sake. Her inconsistencies were endless. Nevertheless, Mashiro thought that she would stay by his side like this forever.

(This is for the best... If I don't at least believe that I'm doing the right thing, then everything I'm doing for Natsuhiko will really be all for nothing. ... Let's leave it at that for now...)

--Those days would eventually come to an end. Their daily life would one day collapse, but there was indeed peace within that life. Like their nostalgic chat in the park illuminated by the glow of the setting sun. Even if that peace were only temporary, it was an irreplaceable treasure to her.

...Hey, Natsuhiko.
Hmm?
I'm kinda glad we talked about all these things today. Let's come here again sometime when we've got time.
Yeah... every now and then, I guess.

As Natsuhiko muttered that, a gentle breeze enveloped them.

If only this moment of peace could last forever...