Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ADVENTURE

We find our next friendship scene during LOUISE YUI SANNOMIYA'S DEDUCTION.

They said the full-blown investigation will start once he's healed, right? I wish they'd pick up the pace, for goodness sake.
I know. But it's getting late today, so let's just go home and eat for now.
Yay. Food. We haven't eaten anything since breakfast.

Natsuhiko smiled at how they were finally able to have a calm conversation for the first time that day.

♪ BGM: Individualist / Theme of Louise

I bet. You've been hanging in there all this time, haven't you? Thank you, Salyu. Let me pat your head as thanks.

Mashiro petted Salyu's head just as she said she would. Salyu seemed a little ticklish, but she didn't seem to hate being petted as she obediently allowed Mashiro to continue.

...I did it to protect you two. It's not like I did it for praise.
There you go again~ No need to be such a tsundere, you little cutie~
It's not like I'm embarrassed or anything. Actually, I...
You...?
... It might be weird for me to say this, but-- I thought today was kind of... fun.
Huh? Fun?

Natsuhiko and Mashiro found themselves confused at the sudden mention of that word. Salyu nodded as she explained herself.

Remember when we got on the bus two days ago? We made a promise to go around the city.
Oh, sure.
And we fulfilled that promise in an unexpected way. We chased and got chased and ended up making an adventure all around town. It was almost like I had slipped into the memories you two share.
Our memories?
Yeah, your memories.

Salyu smiled and gazed at Mashiro and Natsuhiko.

...I have no memories of my own. There was nothing for me in my hometown. My days were dark and ashen, truly lifeless times... But today is sure to become a good memory. I'm glad I came to this town.

Natsuhiko inadvertently looked away from Salyu. He was taken completely off guard by Salyu's pure innocence.

(What's with this girl? She's way too honest... That's just not fair!)

He looked towards Mashiro-- She was pressing down on the inner corners of her eyes with trembling fingers.

Salyu, were girls like you... Were girls like you put on this earth to kill me with 'moe'!?
Um, you do know that 'moe'... is a dead word nowadays, right?
Kill you with 'fire'?
Not quite the right type of 'moe', but close enough.
... I don't follow.
Don't worry about it. Basically she's saying you're cute, that's all.
I-I see.

Salyu's eyes wandered in apparent confusion.

Anyway... What I wanted to say was that today was fun. We didn't get to go shopping, but we can save that for later. I want us to all go together... Can we?
Of course! Let's go shopping next Sunday for sure!
I'm up for it too.
That's great. I'm glad you two agree. To be honest, I want new clothes. I really liked the clothes you picked for me, Mashiro. I want you to pick something out for me again.
I will, I will! I'll choose howEVER many you want! Is there anything else you want!? Anything!?
I want... a stuffed animal.
Hmm? Alice no good?
That's not it. I just want stuffed animals for my room besides Alice since I carry her everywhere. And since Mashiro named Alice, I want you to name the next one, Natsuhiko.
I-I see...! Hmm~ I'm not too confident in my naming sense, though...
Natsuhiko, not even you can be tactless enough to turn her down here, can you?
O-of course not. I'll come up with a name if you really want.
Okay. I'd be happy if you did. I'm sure I'll treasure that stuffed animal.
Oooohhh~! I'll buy you as many books, stuffed animals, or bombs of mass destruction as you want! Anything at all! I'll take care of your every need! Just leave it up to your big sis over here!

Mashiro struck her chest triumphantly. As Natsuhiko watched the two girls talk, he had a short dream of the future. --He saw Salyu looking around at all the stuffed animals she liked. He saw Mashiro enjoying herself as she showed Salyu her recommendations. He saw himself watching a short distance away.

(I'm sure that'd be a fun day...)

Natsuhiko secretly smiled to himself at the thought.

(She deserves at least that much of a reward. Since she's done so much for us today...)

That much was certain-- but there was still one regretful thing that happened.

♪ BGM: Anxious Times of Rokumei City

...In the end, we couldn't stop the terrorists from blowing up the PRC like they wanted to, huh...
Yeah... but at least there weren't any casualties.

And with that, we return back to LOUISE YUI SANNOMIYA'S DEDUCTION. You know, these are supposed to be friendship scenes for Natsuhiko, but it seems that Mashiro is the one that's really falling for Salyu here. Not that I blame her. Salyu is the most adorable little axe-murdering gumdrop.