Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I need to press down five times on the title screen. All right, let's do this.

: Open the new door to Twilight Syndrome Murder Case. Please press down five times with your own hands.

: The screen changed... She was right...
: This is the real game... Twilight Syndrome Murder Case's Truth Edition.

I should start it up. I need to find out why this is a motive. It'll start if I press the START button, right?

: Now then, let's begin Twilight Syndrome Murder Case. Please press the START button with your own hands.

> START

*Girl A runs onscreen*

: I-I'm sorry...! I'm really...really sorry for keeping you all waiting!
: Jeez, we're gonna go home late because we had to wait for slowpoke Girl A.
: Come on Girl B, you don't have to be that mad!

*click!*

*Screen flashes white. Girls A, B and C flinch and turn to Girl D*

: Heeey, don't go taking photos without permission! People might mistake us for good friends!

*Girl A turns to Girl B*

: I-I'm not your friend!?
: Whaaaaat? There's no way I'd ever be friends with a nasty, trashy, pigshit like you.
: Tahaaa! The way Girl B treats people, even loan sharks looking to collect would get sick to their stomachs!

*Girl A looks around*

: Huh... Is Girl E here yet?

: Ah, apparently she forgot something. She told us to wait just a little longer!
: She can't find her school swimsuit...
: Her swimsuit, huh... Maybe it got stolen?
: S-Stolen!?

: You don't know? A pervert has been spotted in the area recently. Kehe...you should be super careful, Girl A. A chubby weakling like you makes the perfect prey...

*Girl A backs up slowly*

: Hey, stop it... Girl A's getting really scared.
: Kyahaha! It's fun to bully Girl A!

*SMASH* *shatter*

Music cuts out.

*All Girls flinch and face right. Heartbeat bar turns yellow. Girl D looks around.*

: Wh-What was that sound!?
: It sounded like...glass breaking... It sounds like it came from the 2nd floor! Let's go!

*Girls B, C, and D run offscreen*

: This game even gets its own investigation music variant! I really love how they made 16-bit versions of a couple songs for these segments.

: We're on the 1st floor right now, so we need to go upstairs. The whole first floor hallway is open to run around in but there's nothing to see and no rooms to enter so just head on up.

: Huff...puff...huff...

*Girls B, C, and D run onscreen followed right behind by Girl A*

: Girl E! Wh-What happened!?
: I-I don't know... I walked by the front of the music room just now... And then...I suddenly heard the sound of glass breaking...
: Is...someone in there?
: That's what I think but...I think the door is locked. I can't get it open.

*Girl B runs over to the door and tries to open it*

*clatter clatter*

: You're right. It's locked.
: Did someone lock it from the inside!? Is someone really in there!?
: Um...if we use the key from the teacher's lounge, we can open this door, right?
: I'll go to the teacher's lounge and get the key to the music room! The teachers are probably gone by now, so I'm sure we can bring the key over in secret... But...I have a bad feeling about this!

*Girl D runs offscreen*

*Girl D returns*

: I found the key! Nobody was there so it was super easy to get!
: Then let's open it right away!

*Girl D walks over to the door and unlocks it*

*Creak...*

: Okay.

: ...Girl A, you lead the way!

*Girl A flinches and turns to Girl B*

: Huh? M-Me!?
: C'mon, hurry hurry!

*...Clatter-clatter-clatter*

: Empty on this side...

: ...Oh no.

Music fades out.

: S-Someone's...laying on the floor...

*Girls B, C, D, and E all run over*

*Girl B walks over to the slumped figure, stops, then crouches down with her hands over her head*

: Th-This...she's not laying down... She's dead.

*Girl D flinches. Heartbeat meter turns red.*

: D-Dead!?

*Girl E backs up slowly*

: That's impossible...why...?

*Girl A flinches*

: KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*Girl B stands back up*

: L-Lower your voice! They might still be nearby!
: N-Nearby...?

: I mean, this...looks like someone murdered her.

*Girl C flinches*

: Murdered...huh!?

*Girl B turns to Girl C*

: Seriously, shut up! What's gonna happen if the killer notices us!?
: Wh-What should we do...? What should I do...?

*Girl B looks around*

: ...

: I see, so that's what happened. I found it. The killer's escape route.
: (Escape route...could it be...)

: We have to select the broken window here.

: Ah, the window is broken...!
: The sound we heard from the entrance hall was probably the window breaking. *Someone* probably locked the music room door from the inside, and after killing this girl... They broke the window and escaped outside. Looks like she got hit by something when she died but I can't seem to find anything bloody here... What happened to the weapon? Did the killer take it?
: Sooooo...the killer just ran out the window!?
: But...if they just wanted to run away, they could've opened the window. Why did they have to break it?
: Th-They were probably trying to leave in a hurry... Look...there's evidence.

*Girl E walks forward, bends down for a moment and then stands back up.*

: The fish tank by the window is tipped over, and all the gravel is scattered...
: They must've accidentally tipped it over when they were frantically trying to get away.

: It's not too high to jump from the 2nd floor, so maybe they thought it'd be safer than using the hallway...
: B-But...is that really it...?

*Girl B turns to Girl A*

: I mean, to lock the door, you'd have to either lock it from inside the music room...or use the lounge key.
: Oh, when I went to get the music room key, it was in the teacher's lounge...
: So the killer wouldn't have had time to return the key before they broke the window...

: Then, the door could've been locked from the inside... That means the killer was inside the music room.
: Also, to get outside from the music room, they'd need to have passed by us in the entrance hall... But we didn't see anyone pass by... Which means the killer's only escape route was this window.

: I-It's probably...that pervert I heard about... He's the one who snuck inside the school grounds.
: ...Huh?
: My school swimsuit...was stolen. I couldn't find it anywhere.
: Then...the pervert who stole Girl E's school swimsuit also murdered that girl over there!?
: They...probably locked the music room so they could rape her, but she ended up resisting...
: So, they frantically tried to get away, broke the window, and escaped?

: I-Isn't...it bad if we stay here much longer? I mean, I don't want to get involved in something like this... And the killer might still be around, too...

*Girl C flinches*

: That's bad! Uber bad! We better hurry up and run!

*Girl C runs offscreen*

: B-But... Don't we have to report this to the police?
: Don't you know what happens...when you report this kind of stuff to the police? You become the prime suspect just because you found the body first. I definitely don't want that!

*Girl E runs offscreen*

: Yeah...it'd be best if we left this room how we found it...just lock the door, leave everything how it was...

*Girl B walks offscreen*

*Girl A turns to the others who have just left*

: Ah, hey! Please wait...don't leave me!!!

*Girl A runs offscreen*

*Girl E yells from offscreen*

: Girl D!

*Girl E runs onscreen*

: Sorry, did I make you wait? So what's up? You asked me to meet here, don't tell me you're gonna confess your love to me?
: Huh...what happened?

*Girl D hands something to Girl E*

: Um...I want you to look at this photo...

Music cuts out.

*Heartbeat bar turns yellow*

: On the day of the incident...I found this when I peeked into the next-door classroom as I was going home... And I couldn't help taking a picture... What do you think these broken vase pieces mean?

: That sound we heard from the entrance hall wasn't the sound of a window breaking...

*Girl E backs up slowly*

: Wh-What is this... I...I don't know anything about this vase...!
: And if that's the case...the killer didn't escape from the window...
: S-Seriously...I don't know anything!

: It's okay, I made sure to throw it away...
: If anyone found it...you'd be in trouble, right Girl E?
: Are...are you trying to blackmail me?
: O-Of course not...that's not what this is about... If there's something you're hiding from me... I want you to say it. I mean...we're friends, right?

*Girl E walks closer to Girl D*

: You...you didn't say anything either... I knew, you know. I knew that girl who got killed was tormenting you...
: Huh...?
: No, she wasn't just tormenting you. She was seriously making your life a living hell... That bitch...was in your photography club back in middle school, right? She was probably jealous of your talent.. So she...

: I'm supposed to be your best friend! If you'd told me...none of this would have happened...
: Girl E...d-don't tell me you...!
: That bitch...thought she could do anything she wanted because of her family's influence... And I just couldn't stand it anymore!

: You know...at first I tried to talk to her. But that bitch...started talking poo poo about how she'd target me next time, so... I felt...a sudden rage...and before I knew it, I was choking her... And then...she lost consciousness...but things would've been worse if she woke up, so... That's why I had to do something about it...!

*Girl D backs up slowly*

: Th-That's...!
: It's not my fault...or yours... It's all her fault!

*Girl E runs offscreen*

: Ah! Girl E!

No Music.

*Girl E runs on screen and stops at the trash area...*

*...looks around quickly...*

*...drops something...*

*...and runs off screen. Nothing happens for a few seconds.*

*Guy F walks on screen*

: That bitch...Girl E, was it...? Word is she was with *her* on...the day of the incident... ...

*Guy F walks over to the trash area and bends down, picking up whatever Girl E threw away*

: Looks like she threw something away here... What was it?

*Guy F stands up and flinches. Heartbeat bar turns yellow*

: What the hell is this photo!? This vase is... ... Could it be...the sound of breaking glass...was actually this...? If it wasn't...why did she try to scretly get rid of this...?

*Guy F turns away from the trash area*

: That bitch...what the hell did she do to my little sister! Looks like I need to ask her a few questions... And if that bitch really did...that...

*Heartbeat bar turns red*

: I will never...

: I will never forgive her!

: Looks like...this is the end...

: That's the "Truth Edition"... The incident's 1st Day and 3rd Day are depicted in it...
: Yep, now you've filled in all 4 events from the 1st Day to the 4th Day.
: Hey Chiaki, what do you think of the characters in this game?
: You mean like Girl A and Girl B? ...Their names make no sense and they have no romantic chemistry either.
: No, not that...

: While you were talking... Looks like the ending's staff roll started.
: ...Staff roll?
: You should be able to find out what you wanna know if you look at it...probably.

What I want to know...is on this staff roll?

: W-Wait! Just now...!
: See, didn't I tell you? What you wanna know is gonna be on there.

: Yaaaaay! Congraaaaats! Miracle congratulatioooooons! You have finally beaten Twilight Syndrome Murder Case!
: Now that you guys have played this game through to the end, you should already know...
: That's right, that game is a nonfiction game based on an actual past incident!
: I-Is that true...!?
: By the way, "nonfiction" means an original story based on historical fact or records.
: Hey, answer my question...!
: Buuuuut...even if this is nonfiction, you guys probably don't remember it. Well, that can't be helped.

: The school life you no longer remember is the setting for this story.

Our...school life...

: At any rate...congratulations! Now then, as for the ending prize that I'm supposed to give you as a reward for clearing the game...
: ...I won't give it to ya!
: Ending prize...?
: There was only one ending prize, and I already gave it to the first person who beat it!
: Puhuhu, how disappointing! *leaves*

: Did he say...ending prize?
: Like...I was told the same thing when I beat it too.
: Man, I was too late. If I'd known something like this was gonna happen, I would've played the game sooner.

: But the ending prize isn't the problem. It's what Monokuma said earlier... He mentioned how he used our school life as the setting of the game...

Just as I thought...so it's connected to that this time, too... But is it really...is it really true...? We were already living our school lives... And our memories were completely taken... Is something that crazy actually possible...? Then...what did they do to us...?

: It looks like...there's something on your mind.
: Monokuma probably said the same thing to everyone else who's beaten this game. That this game is nonfiction... That it's the "missing link" that existed in our forgotten school memories...
: ...So do you believe it? Do you really believe...our memories were taken?
: I don't know but...instead of thinking about that right now, we gotta focus on solving this mystery first. Whether we believe it's the motive or not, it's clear that a murder did occur.
: If that's the case...then I need to question them directly. If I do that...I might be able to learn something.

: You're talking about the people whose characters appear in the game, right? Then I'll go too.

That's right...if I get some information from them, I might find out about something... About the mystery behind Mahiru's death... About whether this game is true or not... And...if we really had our school memories taken away.

: Then let's hurry and ask the others.

: And while you're at it...ask them how it feels to be characters in the game.
: Ah, also, if you want to gather your thoughts about the content of the game, talk to me anytime.
: ...I see, thanks. That's a huge help.

I don't know where they are right now... But we won't learn anything if we just stand here. All right...let's go!