Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Flashback / AWAKENING: 09/16/2030, 12:26

----
------ The fifth awakening groggily began.

♪ BGM: Pose the Question to this World

???: --... the terrorist is one of the nine--...
???: --... No one's saying that at all!
???: Then do you mean to say there's a terrorist amongst the six of us? That's even more unlikely.

Several people around the man were arguing about something.

(... What's the situation this time...? What's this about a terrorist...? Don't tell me they figured out the man's true colors!? But how!? I could've sworn I erased his memories--!)
...All right! Let's just all calm down for a minute, guys!
What's your problem!? You're the only one who hasn't spoken their thoughts on the matter, right!?

Once Natsuhiko regained his sight, he first saw Ena's face. Near her were Jun, the lieutenant, the girl--

(!! Even Mr. Ukita's in LABO!? Why!? I mean, when Mr. Ukita had that guest lecture, he said--)

Several 'bulkheads' and 'gates' are installed that lock down to completely shut out the scattering of radioactive material.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

(He should've very well known that he could've been locked underground in the case of a meltdown...! So why did Mr. Ukita stay behind during the evacuation? Was he really the sleeper agent...!?)

For a moment, he saw Ukita in a suspicious light, but--

(... No, wait a second... Something's not right if you think about it... If Mr. Ukita were with the terrorists, then he'd have escaped as soon as the meltdown happened... But at any rate, I still don't know why he stayed underground.)

His doubts didn't stop there.

(It's no use! There's just way too many things I don't understand! Fine. In that case---!)

As Natsuhiko recalled the time he dived into Mashiro's memories... ''I want to know!'' ...he focused on that wish with all his spirit.

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

--At that moment, all of the man's memories starting from when he had awoken floated before Natsuhiko's eyes. Memories of a heroic struggle in the midst of a hopeless situation.

The announcement of a Case N and the subsequent lockdown of all the bulkheads. The encounter with Ena and Ukita who were trapped below.

The pressing fires. The spreading radiation. The lack of AD. The difficult search for survivors.

And the gruesome murders that occurred within the inescapable walls of LABO--!

To overcome those countless hardships, the man threw himself into danger and kept on advancing regardless of any injuries he sustained.

Eventually, they reached an escape route. The cargo lift in Area 6.

But what was waiting for them there was the control panel Natsuhiko destroyed--

--and the corpse of an unfamiliar girl.

--... Natsuhiko's consciousness returned from the man's memories and linked back to the present. Before he knew it, all eyes were on the man.

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

H-hey, what's with the sudden silent treatment?
{... What the hell was that...!?}

The man appeared to be thoroughly confused himself. Natsuhiko gasped at that sign.

(Don't tell me... he saw those memories the same time I did?)

If that were the case, then the man had relived his memories of three hours in the span of a few seconds. Not his memories as a terrorist, but rather his memories as the rescue worker known as ''Watase Kasasagi''. The current Watase was almost a completely different person compared to the homicidal murderer.

(Can memory loss alone cause such a drastic change in someone? If the man's true self was how he was before he lost his memory, then where in the world did the current ''Watase'' get his personality from...?)

But there were more pressing matters for Natsuhiko to ponder.

(In any case-- Murders in LABO? What's going on here!? I think the two rescue workers who died were probably the terrorists from back then, but-- What kind of LABO researcher would go so far as to kill a girl like that, and for what purpose...? If all of those incidents happened after the bulkheads shut, then does that mean the perpetrator is among the people present...?)

Just then, Watase looked around at everyone as though he too shared Natsuhiko's doubts.

(Is Mr. Ukita the sleeper agent? Or did he merely get dragged into this mess...? If Mr. Ukita is in fact the sleeper agent, then maybe he double-crossed the terrorists for some reason-- At the very least, that brings up the possibility that he killed the two terrorists...!)

(I don't want to think of Prof. Tsubakiyama as a murderer... but if she isn't, then what's she even doing here? After she refused to cooperate with us when we asked for her help, she's the last person I expected to see here... She explained to everyone that she came here because a staff member called her up, but I'm not so sure about that...)

(Jun and Lieutenant Tachibana are in the same rescue squad as the terrorists... But as far as I can tell from how they've acted so far, they seem trustworthy enough. Especially Jun. I definitely can't see her killing anyone ever.)

(!?)

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

--Yuuri's gone!
Y-you're right! But why!?

When Watase looked around in a panic, he caught a glimpse of her from behind.

Found her! She headed for Area 5!

{I don't think Moribe ever told Yuuri that the inner ring was a contaminated zone! If she ran there--!}

Those thoughts were imbued with the righteous desire to save people, as if it were only second nature to him.

{Go! Save her!}

Natsuhiko approved of Watase's intentions as he ran into the contaminated zone.