Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Terror / ERASURE: 09/16/2030, 12:34

♪ BGM: Extra-Sensory Perception

What do you mean, 'you really did come after me'?! Of course I did! Anyway, this place is dangerous! It's a contaminated zone!
You're always worrying about me like this, aren't you...? But... then why... Why did you do something so horrible to me back then...!?

Those words confused both Natsuhiko and Watase.

(''Something so horrible''? What could she be talking about?)

There wasn't any applicable answer to be found within Watase's memories, but--

Do you really not remember...? A minute later and I would have died... I was really scared... when I found myself trapped all alone in that sea of flames... And yet you were also the one who saved me...

Once he heard that, Natsuhiko finally understood.

(I see, she...! She probably knew of Watase from before he lost his memories!)

If that were the case, then of course she'd be confused as to why Watase currently seemed to be a completely different person. Yuuri stepped up to Watase and spoke up.

Captain Kasasagi... please... Please let me know your mind...!
(Let me know your mind? Wait, does that mean she's a Communicator too!?)

As soon as that thought hit Natsuhiko, a certain memory flickered in Watase's brain.

!!

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

(!!? Is this a memory of when we fought!? But why!? Didn't I erase all his memories!?)

--A moment later.

Aah, aah... U-UWAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Watase screamed and made a mad dash out of the elevator hall.

For some reason, he was equating Yuuri with his memory of Natsuhiko from back then. Natsuhiko recalled the mental voice he heard from Watase right before the memory erasure.

{This is a monster hunt...! Kill or be killed...! Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill...}

(Crap! She's going to be in danger if this keeps up!)

Natsuhiko once again sought to destroy Watase's ''current memory''.

(Disappear!!)
Ghh! Ghh, agh... GAAAAAAAAAAGH!

At that very moment, Watase's mouth spewed blood and vomit.

(Wh-what's this all of a sudden!? It couldn't be an effect of erasing his memory, could it!?)

Now that he thought about it, Watase also fainted when Natsuhiko erased his memory to give Salyu a chance to escape. It seemed that the bodily damage of memory erasure was no laughing matter.

(If I keep doing this... will it end up killing him!?)

(Would I disappear too...!? S-screw that! I don't want to disappear!!)

There was no way he could disappear without knowing the full story behind this incident. Without solving the mystery behind the girl who called herself ''Yuuri''.

(I... I really hate to admit it...! But I'm in the same boat as this bastard! This isn't the time to just give up and die! Wake the hell up, Watase Kasasagi!!)

Natsuhiko wished with all his strength--

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

--and Watase reclaimed consciousness with a scream.

(All right! He's holding out for now!)

They had wasted time-- but probably not that much.

(How's the girl!?)

Yuuri had already disappeared.