Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Doubt / IRRITIATION: 09/16/2030, 13:09

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

Watase looked toward one of the bookshelves inside and found it to be tightly packed with books and theses.

An Introduction to the Informational Field Theory / Author: Miyoko Tenkawa
Elementary Particles, Information, and Consciousness / Author: Miyoko Tenkawa
ESP Synchronization Hypothesis / Author: Antoine Courbet, Translator: Miyoko Tenkawa
Cerebrum: Labyrinth of Physiology / Author: Ryoken Kashiwagi
Unbinding from Pseudoscience: The Future and Prospects of Parapsychology / Author: Koki Sumida
Before Crime * After Days / Author: Chikage Sonomura
Particles, the Mind, and the Brain / Author: Shuuya Eriguchi

(... A lot of these seem to be written by Mom, but-- ''Informational field''? ''ESP synchronization''? What on Earth is Mom researching? Do those things relate to nuclear power research...?)

As if influenced by the curiosity in Natsuhiko's consciousness, Watase picked up the book ''An Introduction to the Informational Field Theory / Author: Miyoko Tenkawa''.

(Dark energy...? I don't really get it, but Mom seems to think its true form is ''information'', huh. Now that I think about it, Prof. Tsubakiyama said that information is a type of energy during her lecture too, didn't she? But what is this thesis trying to say, then...?)

(Artificially ''create a consciousness''...!? I can't see how that research has anything to do with nuclear power science... No, wait, maybe I'm mistaken? LABO's full name is the ''6th Laboratory of Atomic and Biological Organization'', right? So maybe Mom wasn't researching the Atomic part, but the Biological part...?)

(She's suddenly talking about BC now... ''Creating a consciousness'', ''nuclear power'', ''biology'', ''BC''... how do these four things connect...?)

As Natsuhiko harbored that question-- Watase suddenly spoke up.

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

'The ability to read another's mind'...!?

Various doubts suddenly rose up within Watase's mind.

But the strongest thought in Watase's mind was--

{If those kids can read people's minds... And when you take into account they've been running from us... then maybe one of us hates them and they know it...!}
(--!!)

Natsuhiko was frightened by the conclusion Watase was drawing towards. There was an extremely high probability that the girl who called herself Yuuri was a Communicator. And it was most likely true that Yuuri and Salyu were running away from someone who hated them. The only thing Watase was missing was the self-awareness that the one who hated them was none other than he himself.

(Crap! If Watase realizes that fact--!)

{This is a monster hunt...! Kill or be killed...! Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill...}

Natsuhiko's consciousness vividly recalled the hatred and murderous intent he had seen within Watase back then.

But as soon as Natsuhiko tried to interfere with Watase's memory,

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Ghh... ugh...!

Watase was suddenly struck by an intense headache.

(Wh-why!? I haven't even done anything yet--!)

In light of the unexpected situation, Natsuhiko panicked and loosened his concentration-- Watase flew out of the reference room and rushed into a nearby restroom.