Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Rescusitate / REVIVAL: 09/16/2030, 14:29

----
--But just a while later--

{Goddamnit... goddammit!}

--
----

(--?)

Though Natsuhiko's consciousness was supposedly gone for good, he heard a voice.

{Please... don't die!}

And in his nearly-faded consciousness, he rapidly began to regain sight.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

He had no idea what was going on. Just that he was face to face with himself.

I... I did it!

With a sigh of relief, Watase held his hand up to Natsuhiko's mouth. He could feel a faint breath on his palm.

(I'm... breathing...?)

Natsuhiko blanked out for a few seconds, but the truth of the situation finally hit him.

(You mean... my body's still alive...!? But how!? How could I have survived with all those bullet wounds!? No, more importantly-- Wasn't a nuclear reactor supposed to have melted down here!? So shouldn't that have killed me long ago...!? ... Th-then why??? What the hell's going on!? Am I dreaming!?)

But the sensations he felt through Watase's body were no doubt reality. The stench of blood drifting in the air. The numbness of his skin. The intense headache. He could feel his entire body convulsing.

(It's not a dream...? Then what's going on with me now...? Did... did Watase save me from the brink of death with CPR!?)

Natsuhiko's body was alive. And yet his consciousness was still inside Watase. Which-- in Natsuhiko's mind-- could only mean one thing.

(--I see, so maybe!!)

At the climax of their fight, Natsuhiko destroyed Watase's memory. But the phantom Yuuri said this back then:

Indeed. The third ability of BC was not memory destruction: It was the power to connect minds. When Natsuhiko destroyed Watase's memories, their minds were connected!

(So basically, it's not that my BC energy's lingering inside Watase-- --it's that our minds have been connected through BC this entire time!? Regardless of whether Watase was awake or knocked out!?)

That would explain why Natsuhiko was able to interfere with Watase's mind and memory. But the question still remained as to how he was still alive...

(If this really were a nuclear reactor area, then I definitely would have died ages ago...! Which means... there wasn't a nuclear reactor here!? But in that case-- what the hell is this place!?)

Just then, after he had finished resuscitating Natsuhiko, Watase discovered something.

Watase picked up a pistol that was lying next to Natsuhiko. Right as Watase felt its heft--

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Agh, GAAAAAAAH!! (You... you damned monster!)

Ga... agh...!

Wha... what the hell was that...!?

Bewildered by the flashback, Watase stared at Natsuhiko with gaping eyes.

(O-oh crap...!)

But immediately afterwards, Watase himself denied the memories that were trying to come back.

{... No way, there's no way that's true! Anyway, i've gotta get him to a safe place...!}

But just as Watase thought this--

(!?)

--he saw Salyu rushing towards him, axe in hand.