Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Struggle / OBSERVING: 09/16/2030, 14:43

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

If killing you means it'll put an end to all of this, then I'll do what I must. Even if it means staining my hands in sin for the first and last time in my life...!
(Khh... Mr. Ukita's resorting to coercive tactics to put the blame on Watase...!)
--Your 'mission' ends here! Die, traitor!
Captain! Look out!

(Mr. Ukita...! If he's calling Watase a traitor, then does that mean Mr. Ukita really was the sleeper agent after all!? But why... I wanted to trust him...!)
Anyway, we need to get out of here as quickly as possible. Now that the old man knows we're here, this place is no longer safe. ...And Teach is in trouble too.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Who the hell did this...!? How'd they even break the door in the first place!?
(--What the hell happened here!? Did somebody take Prof. Tsubakiyama away!?)
I have a bad feeling about this... Let's get out of here! We need to find a safe place!
(Khh... please! Please be safe, Professor!)

As Watase and Kazami ran aimlessly, they reached the connecting passageway to Area 1. And waiting for them there was--

I see... so that really was it all along... Then... I have no choice... I gotta do it or I can't protect anyone... I gotta kill that son of a bitch...
(!? Why-- why's Jun bleeding from the head!? And what's she doing with that engine cutter!?)

--As they ran away from Jun, Kazami muttered in blank amazement.

We're being chased by our squadmate and people we swore to rescue... and we have no place to run...!

Those words gave Natsuhiko some food for thought.

(... That's strange... Mr. Ukita was like that too... but I'd never have expected Jun to act that way no matter how suspicious Watase acted... What's with those two...? It's like they're the same as Watase was back then! What's going on here!? How the hell can we survive in this mess!?)

But then Watase spoke.

...Don't give up. We're still alive... and there's still people we need to save. So fight on until the bitter end... If you wanna give up, you can do that later.

Those words encouraged Natsuhiko's consciousness. Soon enough, they headed to the engine room in search of their last sliver of hope, where they found--

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

(Then does that mean it's not radiation spreading through LABO, but these ''WX particles'' instead?)

--Various doubts welled up within Natsuhiko's consciousness, but Watase was focused on finding something else.

I don't see anything in here about coolant...

So this really is our only way out!

♪ BGM: Memento Mori

''Stop the coolant device, go through the drainage pipe to contact the outside, and lead a rescue team back in.''

That was the plan Watase had thought of to save everyone. He then gathered all the necessary tools and swam in the pipe by himself to seek help. However--

You're back already!?
...I'm sorry...! There was an obstruction in the pipe... I couldn't even make it to Lake Rokumei...!
--!

--His plan resulted in failure.

(Dammit... Just when I finally thought we had a glimmer of hope...!)
...Let's try starting all over from the beginning. We'll think of a way to open the bulkhead by Area 2's emergency staircase...