Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

NATSUHIKO'S PERSPECTIVE: 09/16/2030, 15:16

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

But by the time Natsuhiko said that-- --Watase had already lost consciousness.

Hey, c'mon! This is no time to sleep! Wake up!

But no matter how many times he tried to rouse him from his slumber, Watase did not awaken. On the contrary.

H-hey!? What's wrong!?

No response. There was clearly something wrong with him.

(What's going on!? Is it because Ms. Tachibana struck him!?)

As that thought crossed Natsuhiko's mind, he began to hear the whirring of the gigantic machine surrounding him.

When he switched it on, the reading spiked to ''13492 mSv''.

(!! That's huge!)

According to the ''WX particle amplifier'' manual, values over 8000 mSv can cause symptoms including unconsciousness.

(And it's about time for Watase's AD to wear off... If this machine's dispersing harmful particles, then could his unconsciousness and convulsions be due to that!?)

But-- if that were the case, then why was Natsuhiko okay? He didn't particularly feel a headache. His gunshot wounds hurt, but he managed to keep standing. Natsuhiko's condition had improved thanks to Watase and Kazami's treatment.

(It's far from a complete recovery... but it's not like I have to keep myself wormed into someone else's mind to stay alive anymore. On the other hand, Watase looks like he's in danger here. I gotta get him out of Area N!)

Right when he thought that, he caught sight of a certain something in the corner of his eye: A security card split in two. It was the ''Lv. N'' card that Natsuhiko had at one point that Watase had snapped.

(Can it... still be used?)

When he picked up both halves, he noticed that the part that was swiped through the slot reader was apparently still intact. He put the card fragment in his pocket, wedged his blood transfusion kit under his arm, and grabbed Watase's hand.

Khh... heave!!

He thus started dragging Watase across the floor.

(Can't go towards Area 2... Ms. Tachibana's on the other side. Areas 1 and 3 are dangerous too. We could very well run into Mr. Ukita or Jun. And Areas 4 and 5 are contaminated in their inner rings... so that narrows our options down to just Area 6.)

With that thought in mind, Natsuhiko desperately dragged Watase.

(drat he's heavy... Just how many kilos does he weigh?)

Judging by his physique, he must've been nearly 90 kg.

Ugh... ghh....!

The more strength he used, the more his entire body hurt. The gunshot wound in his arm opened up and seeped with blood. And Natsuhiko was now trying to save the one who inflicted that very wound upon him.

And once he finally reached Area 6--

--Natsuhiko collapsed on the spot, his strength shot. He'd used up what little stamina he had regained. He tried to catch his breath. His body felt too heavy to be his own. It was too much of a bother to even sit up.

(But... it should be fairly safe now that we've gotten this far away, right?)

He checked the Procyon. The reading had dropped to ''3911 mSv''. A value quite lower than what it had been when Watase had gone to Area 6 before.

(... Hmm!? Now that I think about it, that's the first time I've seen the reading decrease, isn't it?)

The readings had always been rising, but it was only after they'd come this far that he finally saw a reading decrease. He didn't know why that was, but--

(For now, I guess we should be thankful... both me and Watase.) Hey, Watase... feeling a little better now?

Right after he called out to Watase, Natsuhiko suddenly noticed something.

(Wait... If I called him casually by his first name like that, he'd definitely think it was strange.)

Natsuhiko adjusted his tone and addressed him more formally.

Captain Kasasagi, please wake up...! Can you hear me, Captain? Captain Kasasagi!

Natsuhiko kept calling out to him-- --and eventually Watase weakly began to move.