Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO1CsLRUfsY

Turn 1: 0800
British initiative

Your cavalry rides boldly onto the field.

Turn 2: 0830
British initiative

The cavalry crosses the river, heartened by the morning sun.

Turn 3: 0900
German initiative

You begin converging on Stethoscope, unsure what you'll find.

Turn 4: 0930
British initiative

Still nothing in sight.

Turn 5: 1000
German initiative

Both your brigades make it safely into Stethoscope without sighting any enemies, and begin switching to Battle Order.

Turn 6: 1030
German initiative

1st Brigade chooses to modify its formation so that it can avoid leaving the confines of the town. 2nd Brigade should be assumed to be in some kind of Battle Order formation, again entirely within the town. There's not room for it to take up its assigned position, and it will move to those positions next turn, when 1st Brigade has departed.

However, don't worry; there is room for all the companies to fit in there, and so they have; I just can't be bothered moving everyone around, only to then have to move them again next turn.

Turn 7: 1100
German initiative

There's now room to show 2nd Brigade's formation. The 1st Brigade rides out of Stethoscope...and smack into a long line of what appear to be Fahrzeuge, each one of them with a machine-gun mounted on the back!

Important note: I am changing how I display companies who are attempting close combat; they won't be shown occupying another chit's space until they've successfully made it through the Firing Phase without being hit.

The machine guns open fire. It doesn't go well.

One company survives to close combat, though!

It sends two of the enemy companies fleeing back down the road, but then the third one successfully resists the charge.

You do pretty well in the rally phase, and curse that your own support companies weren't ready to support you this turn.

Turn 8: 1130
German initiative

South of Stethoscope, your support companies do good work disabling the enemy's Fahrzeuge.

The remainder open fire, though, and they're able to prevent all your surviving cavalry from reaching close combat. Three companies then rally, but importantly, the brigade HQ remains suppressed!

Meanwhile, 2nd Brigade has spotted an enemy cavalry brigade adopting Battle Order to the west! Its arse hortillery is in range, opens fire, and picks off one of their companies...

Full overview at the end of the turn:

Your Divisional HQ has successfully entered the map and I'll confirm in a few minutes when it will be hooked into the telephone network; I remind you that I keep them switched off at all times (unless being moved) so as not to run the risk of accidentally showing them to the enemy.

You have killed 4 enemy companies and lost 5.

:siren: The next soft deadline is 5pm Wednesday 15th March. 1st Brigade's commander may issue new orders, but the brigade cannot attempt to change its orders until after the brigade rallies from suppression.