Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Watase's Perspective: 09/16/2030, 15:20

Can you hear me, Captain? Captain Kasasagi!
... Ghh... ugh...!

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

A-aren't you!?

Watase was surprised to see the one who'd woken him up.

Na-Natsu... hiko.

He'd been awoken by the same person he'd been trying to save.

Where are we...?
We're in Area 6's inner ring.
Did you bring me all the way here...?
Yeah. It looked like being in Area N was taking a toll on you, so I figured it'd be best.
I see... thank you.

His head still throbbed as always, but it wasn't anything he couldn't shake off. Watase forced a smile on his face.

I'm impressed that you brought me so far. I probably weigh a ton.
Well... I managed.
But if you open any of your wounds up--

Just then, Watase noticed something that made his blood run cold. The blood dripping to the floor from Natsuhiko's arm.

You -did- open your wounds! I have to treat you!
No, it's just a scratch--
You can't act that way! Not in your condition!

--What's more, they'd likely run into Kazami or one of the others if they stayed in the hallway. Watase lifted Natsuhiko up and dashed into a nearby room.

Then he removed the needle and reinserted it into one of Natsuhiko's veins. Last, he ripped off part of his shirt and wrapped it around Natsuhiko's arm.

I know it's just simple first aid, but... you think you'll be okay?
I-I think I'm all right.
I see... Sorry, I would have used Chiron to seal it up if I had any left...

Even so, the reopened wound appeared to be getting smaller. Watase's treatment seemed to have stopped the bleeding. Watase then tended to his own gunshot wound in his side before finally turning his full attention to Natsuhiko.

How's the transfusion going? Is the blood flowing properly?
Yeah... thanks to you, it looks like I'll be fine in that regard, at least.
Great. But let me know right away if you start feeling worse.
...Thanks.

Natsuhiko gave him a feeble answer. The weakness of his voice and the delay in his response was likely due to his injuries.

Man, those are some terrible wounds... I mean, that Salyu girl got hurt in her arm, but this is just...
Weren't you, Salyu, and that Mashiro Toba girl together at first?
...Yes.
So you got separated from them?
...Yeah. It happened when we were running around the facility, trying to get away from all those fires and explosions...
I see... It truly was a disaster. But you're safe here for now. I know you must be worried about your friends, but take a moment to rest.
Okay... though I don't think we'll be able to stay here for long. Ms. Tachibana and the others could be chasing us, after all...
Hmm, it looks like you know about our current situation, huh... How long have you been awake?
--

Natsuhiko hesitated to answer that question for a moment-- then replied in a low voice.

Just around the time you went into Area N.
Huh? You were already conscious by then?
Just barely... Anyways, I just happened to see what occurred after that. I wasn't focused on what was going on, though. I also know you lost your memories, yet still tried to save everyone in spite of that. And... I also saw Ms. Tachibana suddenly go nuts and attack you...
Yeah. As far as I know, I've got three other enemies aside from her. Old man Ukita, Moribe... and Salyu.
...So we're surrounded on all sides, aren't we.
Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. Teach's gone off who knows where, and I don't even know if Yuuri's alive or not... So with those two out of the equation, I guess that means... you might be my only ally here.
Me?
Well, yeah, you did save me.

Natsuhiko didn't answer. He just stared at Watase.

Wh-what's wrong? Did I say something weird?
No... it's nothing.

Natsuhiko muttered to himself-- then looked away from Watase.