Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Friends: 09/16/2030, 15:28

Though he didn't let it show, he was suspicious about this whole situation. It was due to the boy he was carrying-- He was still uncertain if what Natsuhiko Tenkawa had told him was the truth.

(Is Yuuri really alive...?)

Of course, if that were true, then it would definitely be a cause for celebration. But how did Natsuhiko know that?

(Could this boy be hiding something? Is it really okay to take him to where Yuuri is?)

When that thought hit Watase, he tried to shake it out of his head.

(Crap, I'm starting to jump at shadows again. I know that no one trusts me... but that's exactly why I, at the very least, should trust others. Natsuhiko saved my life... and to begin with, I'm a rescue worker. I came to this place to save people. I'm not here for the sake of doubting them...!)

Watase scolded himself as he walked.

Is this it...?
Yeah. Please input the password. The wall should open up if you press 107215.

Watase input those numbers as he kept carrying Natsuhiko. And when he did--

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Ah...!

The wall opened, revealing a narrow passage. At the other end of the passage was a sturdy-looking iron door.

...It really opened...
Please go in. Yuuri should be right through that door.
R-right.

Watase walked up to the iron door. He timidly opened it.

It was too dark to see anything clearly inside. But he could hear grunting coming from a corner of the room.

???: Mmm, mmm...!
!!

Watase gasped and turned to that direction to see--

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Yuuri!
Wha!? What happened here!?

Yuuri was lying on the floor. Her hands and feet were bound, and her mouth was gagged.

P-please just untie her for now!
Yeah!

Watase lowered Natsuhiko to the floor and rushed over to Yuuri. He then untied her bonds.

--All right, that should do it. You okay, Yuuri?

Once she said that-- her eyes suddenly welled up with tears.

*sniff*...
Wh-what's wrong!? Does it hurt somewhere?
N-no, that's not it...

Yuuri looked at Natsuhiko. He lifted his body up from the floor.

Y-Yuuri...!
Hikorin...!

In a quivering voice, Yuuri called out what seemed to be a nickname for Natsuhiko--

♪ BGM: Words of Healing

--and she jumped at him.

Ow ow ow!
Ah, I-I'm sorry!

Yuuri panicked and loosened the grip in her arms. Natsuhiko's eyes welled up with tears of pain, but he smiled nonetheless.

All that matters is that you're okay...!
I'm fine... but what about you, Hikorin?
It hurts like hell, but I'll manage... Captain Kasasagi and Ms. Tachibana patched me up.
I see... but still, thank goodness.

Watase watched their reunion with a wry smile.

(Looks like he really is Yuuri's friend...)

No, the two of them perhaps looked more like lovers than friends from the way they were acting.

I'm really glad that you're okay. I guess this is what they call a 'touching reunion'?
Y-yes...
...Thanks to you.

Watase gave them a smile, but soon looked serious again.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

Huh?
What happened to you? Who tied you up?

Yuuri answered Watase's question in a frightened voice.

It was Mr. Ukita...!
The old man!?
Why would Mr. Ukita do something like that!?
Well... It didn't look like he had sinister motives or anything.
Huh?
It looked like he just wanted to keep me protected somewhere safe, after having seen that dead girl by the lift. He tied me up so that I couldn't run off on my own.
I see... but it looks like he still did it against your will.
And that also means the old man knew about this secret room the whole time, yet he kept his mouth shut about it. His actions are just way too suspicious. It's practically the definition of 'acting behind someone's back'.
Just what in the world was he after...?

Watase then suddenly remembered the time Yuuri went missing.

(Even though he was the one who actually hid Yuuri here... So does that mean-- the old man was trying to frame me!?)

So Ukita really was Watase's enemy. Regardless--

(... He'll pay for laying a hand on Yuuri. I have to keep these kids safe, no matter the cost...!)

Watase looked at Natsuhiko and Yuuri, then reaffirmed his decision.