Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Turn 49: 0800
British initiative

Your reinforcements arrive on the field; for the moment, their movements are unremarked-on, so as to save us all time. The 4th Cavalry quits Stethoscope.

Your engineers get to work.

The spotter plane flies out over the battlefield.

Turn 50: 0830
British initiative

Up come your horse reinforcements.

The 4th continues heading south.

Turn 51: 0900
German initiative

Second verse, same as the first.

Turn 52: 0930
British initiative

Still nothing new to remark on.

Mid-update overview:

Note that your two infantry brigades are fully on the board, but represented by single-chit markers at the moment.

Turn 53: 1000
British initiative

The spotter plane returns: here is what it saw on Turn 49.

For the rest, it's still a whole bunch of marching forward.

Yes, I'm using the old marching order block-chit; the 86th will have both its mortars when it adopts battle order.

Turn 54: 1030
German initiative

The 2nd gets its reinforcements. Note: I decided only to put their chits into position if they actually needed to be there to get shelled or spotted or shoot something, since they're moving off soon and then I'll have to move them around again. Spoilers, they didn't see anything, so on the overview they'll still be displayed in this position, but for adjudication purposes, they did actually take up their assigned positions.

The 3rd Brigade mounts up and moves out of its trenches.

The 4th comes up from behind and begins occupying Trench J.

A lot of marching happens in the rear...and then, on the enemy's movement phase, this happens.

First things first; you've used half your movement to mount, and then half your movement to leave the trenches, so you can't do any rifle fire this turn. I then go to your standing orders to work out what happens on Turn 55.

It says here "Turn and move towards the enemy".

Well then.

Turn 55: 1100
German initiative

Some things happen which I'm sure nobody doesn't care about any more, and which I shall therefore recap in as much detail as possible.

See, there's the 4th moving into Trench J behind. It knows what's going on up in front by now, but it doesn't have any orders to assist.

Look, here's your guns in position in Ferme Inutille. They'll unlimber next turn.

And here's some infantry marching up from the rear, just as fast as it can go. Good thing you spent a fatigue point to speed them up!

Right then. Over to the Bois. Here's what it looked like before anyone opened fire.

One of your MGs was too deep in the forest to see out, so repositioned itself and thus made itself ineligible to fire; the arse hortillery is also unable to fire because it's in a wood. You do manage to fire with two MGs, though...

Sadly, so does the enemy. And then they get an attempt to repel your charge with their rifles.

Fifteen rounds a minute for 30 minutes is a hell of a weight of fire to withstand, but some of your companies do survive to the close combat phase...

Four enemy companies retreating suppressed, four more killed, but some very timely best-possible-rolls from the BEF keep it from being quite as bad for them as it might have been.

Turn 56: 1130
British initiative

The 86th arrives in Stethoscope and will be in Battle Order next turn.

More forward motion in the south.

And then...

That's the northern enemy brigade charging your machine guns, while you in turn continue charging the southern brigade. Good news! One of those brigades survives the rifle fire! Bad news! Your brigade commander is shot down at point-blank range! Worse news! You take enough casualties to have to make a morale check! I switch dice.

And it doesn't help you a single solitary bit. The 3rd Brigade has routed. Don't worry, mossyfisk, there's more infantry coming in the afternoon. Overview.

And there you have it.

Speaking of. Another infantry division is approaching. The Corps Commander now must make a decision. At the cost of 1 fatigue point, you can have it arrive on the field beginning 1600 (so, not this update coming, the next one). Otherwise it'll arrive beginning 2000, and move forward under cover of darkness (which probably won't go too badly wrong until you send anyone off-road). It is accompanied by 6 7.7cm FKs, 6 10cm howitzers, and two foot engineers.

The next soft deadline is at 5pm, Saturday 25 March.