Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Sarabande Divergents: C: 07/07/2029, 17:35

Back then, he'd asked Ukita about his motive for betraying LABO.

(... Mr. Ukita said he did it in order to protect his own life the last time I saw this. But if that memory was altered... then what was his real motive?)

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Have you decided to become one of us?
No... I wanna ask you something before that.

Third verse, same as the second and the first.

Why are you betraying LABO? I can't trust a man who'd betray his own organization without first hearing a clear reason that I can accept.

A bitter look rose to Ukita's face when he heard that question.

(This is it! This is the part I have to repair!)

And with that thought, Natsuhiko sent deep affection for Communicators to Watase's heart.

...Because I hate the way LABO does things. That's all.
What? But aren't you guys the ones who are abducting Communicators and using them for human experimentation?
No, that's only done by a small number of employees known as 'Senior Fellows'-- high ranked researchers, in other words.

--and the lies were replaced with the truth.

What? But aren't you guys the ones who are abducting Communicators and using them for human experimentation?
No, that's only done by a small number of employees known as 'Senior Fellows'-- high ranked researchers, in other words. Junior Fellows-- normal researchers-- like me know that LABO is a BC research facility, but don't know about the test subjects. But I accidentally discovered the truth, you see... If there are inhumane acts being committed at my workplace, then I want to put a stop to them.
Out of a pure sense of justice?
Well, something like that. After all, not a single worker at LABO has tried to prevent the horrible things going on at their own workplace. When no one else will act to correct blatant wrongdoing, it offends your sense of justice, does it not?
Quite a human reason. Wasn't expecting to hear that from a scientist.
Contrary to what many think, the majority of scientists are human. That majority just isn't out out to work at LABO. I know it's much more pathetic than your reason-- but is it acceptable to you?
... Yeah.

Watase didn't think Ukita's reason was pathetic at all. He could easily understand the desire to save those in jeopardy when their human rights were crushed.

(If Wataru were here, she'd probably feel the same way...)

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

(So Mr. Ukita's motive wasn't to protect his own life...)

But when he thought about it, it made sense why Ukita's behavior had seemed vaguely soft-hearted.

Steadfast in his belief, Natsuhiko moved on from the memory.

And that's three down. One to go.