Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Jun Moribe: 09/16/2030, 16:49

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

As Natsuhiko questioned that point, Ena continued.

I'm okay. I'm not infected with malice.

Unlike Jun, who was clearly infected with malice, Ena appeared to be normal. But she did have a gun and her true identity was still ambiguous.

(Can she be trusted!?)

And after a moment's hesitation, he made his brave decision.

{--Yuuri! Let's take care of Jun first!!}
{Y... yeah!}

Even if Ena's heart wasn't open, she was more trustworthy than Jun right now. Yuuri probably came to the same conclusion. The two kids held hands and focused on Jun.

(The problem is what criteria to use for memory access--)

Jun seemed unrelated to the terrorist plot, but just to be sure, they should probably take a look through her memory of up until today.

So this is a decision I'll just skip over for the sake of speed. After making the right choice on Ukita, we might as well just make the right choice here as well. Because as you might have gathered from the last session with Subject N, you can't beat her without a good understanding of the person whose memories you're currently going through, and in order to get that, you need to go through their memories in more detail. Besides, the alternative would have been agreeing with Natsuhiko's plans, and, well... I think I know you well enough to know that you're not on board with that.

(Just how much in detail should I look...? I get the feeling it'd be best if I didn't trespass too far in, but...)

Natsuhiko pondered. Did he want a detailed understanding of Jun's deepest depths or not? A detailed understanding would probably be conducive to more accurate memory repair, but still--

(I want a detailed understanding of Jun. Why would the Jun I know change this much...? I suspect I'll find the answer within her memory.)

Natsuhiko decided to have a detailed look through Jun's memories.

...Jun, please don't move.
Huh? What're you trying to pull?
It'll all be over soon...!

As Jun's body stiffened, Natsuhiko and Yuuri stepped up to her, and activated Senses Sympathy.