Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The Dark Side of the Moon: C: 09/16/2030, 11:20

(I hope we can regroup with Dojima and Hiyama as soon as possible.)

She would feel much more at ease if they were able to rendezvous with Dojima and Hiyama, her two coworkers. But when they finally found Dojima--

...The tragic sight of that room had done a serious blow to Jun, Watase, and Kazami's willpower. But they were still short on AD, and time was wasting away by the second. So they overcame their comrade's death and continued the search. They managed to make their way through a gas-filled zone and turned on the sprinkler system. Jun and the others decided to take a short break in the little time they had from then until the system finished its job and the gas had ventilated...

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 1

My fingertips are a bit numb... but I'm fine.
I think I'll be all right after a little rest, myself.

So now we're back to business as usual. However, I feel that I should mention something here. The altered version of this scene is *amazing*. I'm not going to show you yet, but you'll see when we come back for completion. It will be absolutely amazing.

...But we can't relax.

Watase glanced at his Procyon and said that.

Look, it's '3090 mSv' right now... Seems like it won't be long until it passes the first danger standard of '4000 mSv'.
I hope Mr. Tenkawa and the others have some AD, but...!

Oh yeah, that's right, you said you were acquainted with those high schoolers, right?
Yeah, though we only talked, like, twice or so...
So they're basically strangers then.
But that doesn't mean I'm not worried about them.
I see... that's probably because you're not that much older than they are. You're nice, Moribe.

(She's worrying about her students first even though she's also in danger... She may be harsh and too critical... but she really is a teacher, huh?)

Jun felt like she could understand Ena's heartfelt concern for Natsuhiko and her other students.

(B-but we've been fighting with each other so much... so it's kinda awkward to admit that...)

Jun struggled with her conflicting emotions, but Watase spoke up first.

Teach, don't panic. The fact that we've seen empty medical boxes and AD means that there's a high chance they found some too.
(Ooh, nice support, Captain!)

Jun decided to quickly follow suit.

H-he's right, Ms. Tsubakiyama... rushing things will only lead to more danger. Let's just rest now while we still can.
Mmm... good point.
Ms. Tsubakiyama... this has all been really harsh on you, has it not?
To be honest, yeah, in it's own way. I've gotten tired from running around from place to place... ...Oh geez, why the hell did all this happen...!? Everything was totally normal until yesterday, but I guess it's true when they say no one knows what the future holds...

Ena said that in a choked voice. Jun felt sympathy welling inside her.

(All right, this is where I've gotta play it cool and act like a rescue worker.) C'mon Ms. Tsubakiyama, let's stop being all gloom and doom here. We'll get you and your students outta here safely, just you wait.
Ah... I'm sorry, it looks like I let everything get to me for a second there...
S-stop, don't jinx us all like that!
You mustn't say that. Showing weakness will only double the danger.
Got that right. I'll be damned if I let a single person die here.
...You three sure are strong. ...I'm sorry for having been so rude to you up until now. You guys really are a fine rescue squad... Compared to you, all I'm good at is being all talk and no action with nothing to back it up...
Huh? Oh, uh... it's fine, don't worry about it.
But... I'll try to make sure I do as you all say from now on.

Ena smiled apologetically. That smile alone made Jun want to forgive her for everything she'd said up until now.

(... Yeah, Ms. Tsubakiyama may be a bit full of herself, but when you get down to it, she's just a ''civilian''... I can let a little selfishness slide.)

Jun decided to switch to that way of thinking. She had a creed about letting the minor details go and treating those who were cooperative with kindness.